ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Reservation list as of today

wulle

Hi guys,

I looked upon the reservation list of the second batch and I saw that only tree stones are available for immediate reservation namely #13 - #58 and #63.

Is this correct?

thx
rudy

Thanks Bart,
I'm hesitating between the 13 and the 58 which one would you consider the right one for a rookie ? :)

rudy

wulle said:
Thanks Bart,
I'm hesitating between the 13 and the 58 which one would you consider the right one for a rookie ? :)

rudy
I have stone #69 which is very similar to #63 except that 63 is a little faster on water. It is a fabulous coticule and though it is expensive, it will give a lifetime of super edges. I like the brisk finishers, so take my recommendation with that in mind. Denny

If you plan to use the Coticule for full razor sharpening, I advice either n°58 or n°63. Both are excellent Coticules. n°63 could prossibly be just a tad more lenient for getting easy results, but in experienced hands, n°58 would probably leave a mellower edge. Which can be an advantage for people with very sensitive skin, because nothing is easier on the skin than what I call a "mellow" edge. But the difference will be very small and the properties of the razor are at least equally important in that department.

Kind regards,
Bart.

@ Dennis and Bart,

Thank you both for your excellent advice regarding the stones.
I think I will go for the #58, could you please reserve it for me?

Kind regards,
Rudy

Please put that request in the original thread, as a reminder for me that I have to contact Ardennes on your behalf when I get home from work tonight.

Have a nice day,
Bart.

Bart,

I delete my message of reservation for the #58.
My wife just told me she ordered (without my knowledge) a coticule for me :w00t: .

I'll wait for the new batch to spoil myself again :thumbup:

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Rudy

Back