ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sept. 15th - 21st 2019

Tjebbe

Stirling 26/54,
Simpsons Peppermint Rosemary,
RazoRock Game Changer 84P,
Gillette Nacet (2),
G. Bellini Mild with toco-tholin added.

IMG_20190915_083945.jpg

Enjoying the weekend with friends!

Razor: Timeless Ti 0.95 OC
Blade: Hema Blade (7)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre
Soap: Sweyn Forkbeard Mango & Papaya
Brush: AP Shave CO 28mm Silksmoke Winter handle
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Hema Fresh Eau de Cologne
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Brut Original

Synchronise my week with the forum week, a start to use new things on sunday in stead of monday. The Hema blade is much better as expected i could use it 7 times. Today i noticed i have to say goodbay to it.
New things i used today, never used before, are Sweyn Forkbeard cream and the AP Shave CO 28mm Silksmoke Winter handle. The cream was much better then expected, some reviewers wrote that it don't created a good lather but i had a very rich and creamy lather and good glide. The fibers on the AP Silksmoke knot are much stiffer then earlier versions but still good.

BA5C68B4-F184-423C-8333-63663457687B.jpeg
My Sunday morning SOTD:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Gillette day 2
Bielita SC
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Razorock Don Donato AS Splash

These Gillette blades seem to perform very well although they’re not quite as smooth and comfortable as the Astras or Wilkinsons but I do find them better than the Sharks. The Bielita cream from Belarus has such a lovely scent, it gives great lather, and there’s a mild but nice menthol sensation. This Nivea Sensitive balm to me anyway, doesn’t smell so nice but it does give excellent postshave care and it’s very moisturizing as well as soothing. The Don Donato aftershave from Razorock is also mildly mentholated and I love its sporty scent. BBS from two quick passes - what more could I ask!

Have a nice, relaxing Sunday!

Hi Friends,

hope you all are doing well.

Here is my Sunday Shave (15.09.2019)

Razor: Weber
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Soap: Sapone da Barba Vegetale alla Mandorla
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24mm
Aftershave: Bulldog Aftershave Balm

Due to my irritated skin, it has been an "ok" Shave.

The Weber is a fantastic razor. Direct and smooth, without beeing aggressive. The Blade works very good in the Weber.

The Soap has a very muted, natural Almond scent and the lather is Top notch. Just like the other abilities such as glide, cushion and skincare in general.

I used my Bulldog Aftershave Balm with this herbal scent. Not tacky or sticky. Leaves the skin soft and smooth.

This is it for now.

Enjoy your shaves and take care.

Greetings
Thorsten

Sotd:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad,
Proraso Wood and Spice,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 5th x,
Eyup Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Proraso Wood and Spice ASB,
Proraso Wood and Spice cologne.

SOTD_20190915.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Proraso Wood and Spice:
As today is a travel day again, the morning ritual shouldn't take too long. 25 instead of 30 minutes. With carefree stuff that's no problem. So the J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad with Proraso Wood and Spice in the stainless steel dish. That's so foam and lubricate easily.

Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte for the 5th x used.
The Gem Personna Pfte knife is still extremely sharp after 4x and therefore does 5 easily. The Gem G Bar with this Gem Personna Pfte is a great combination to shave thoughtlessly and quickly smooth. Perfectly fits and so it went this morning.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Finishing with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün edc, Proraso Wood and Spice ASB and Proraso Wood and Spice cologne made it a pretty woody moment. Nice and smooth.
Meanwhile one the next campsite.
(https://www.kosses.nl/inde.../kosses-op-reis/88-2019-duitsland)

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre
Soap: Aleppo Soap CO Aleppo shaving soap
Brush: Market Boar brush
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Brut Original

First shave ever with Aleppo shaving soap. The soap give glide but no protection and lather, i think it is better to use it as bathsoap then shaving soap. A mild razor saved the day.

7B846E1B-ED18-4D08-81ED-F66BE7DF5EE9.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
St. James of London Lavender & Geranium
Timeless 0,95 Smooth
Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Humprey’s Witch Hazel Astringent
Myrsol Aqua Balsamica
Stirling Bergamot Lavender ASB

A Lavender shave today! My skin feels realy good. Have a good day!

• Joris/Plisoft Open Comb
  • Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
  • Yuqi - Evil Zebra
  • Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man
  • Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man AS Balm
  • Loris - Vetiver Gold
Third time around for the Joris, less blood this time, still red spots where my skin feels peeled. Two more rounds to go for a decision is made, i did feel the same about the Fatip Piccolo at first, but then again, this one is a lot more bloodthirsty, even more than the Timeless OC 0.95, and that's saying something, as i have that one barely under control.
The Evil Zebra is a great brush, very smooth and feeling like silk on the skin, the SDM is such a nice scent, and the soap is of the high standard expected from Stirling, th AS Balm has a 'darker' scent compared to the soap, a bit more heavy, and the top notes vary from what is top in the soap, still a great combination.

99159EEB-770A-461F-B0BC-F2E0B566552A.jpeg

Pre-shave:
Prep creme
Shaving Soap / Cream: DR Harris Eucalyptus
After Shave : Qqua Velva Fresh Controle
After Shave Balm: Arko Cool
Eau de Toilette:

Shaving Brush: Yagi 26 mm. Syntheet
Safety Razor: Paradigm 17-4
Razor Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus.

It's literally quite an operation to shave after a surgical operation.
But it worked, so maybe in three days or so you'll get another shave.

Back