ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Sept. 15th - 21st 2019

J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng,
Stirling Sailing,
Gillette Fat Boy adjustable,
Merkur Super Stainless Platinum Coated 1st x,
Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve,
Stirling Varen ASB,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio .

SOTD_20190917.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng and Stirling Sailing:
The J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng with Stirling Fern and my big French bowl made a nice bowl of foam this morning. Looks like the water on the campsite is not as good as it should be. Not a nice full fat stuff, but wet foam, which pulls away quickly. Not much more often. It was already a less successful shaving moment this morning.
Blade and razor:
The Merkur Super Stainless Platinum Coated for the 1st time used.
An Merkur Super Stainless Platinum Coated used. Well, I don't have much with those blades, but yes was in the box and should be used. Well that was not done without damage. Actually I should be wiser, but yes everything for the science, right? In the Gillette Fat Boy adjustable first at 6, but 2nd and 3rd round at 5 the Merkur Super Stainless Platinum Coated was raw and unreliable. If that is still the case tomorrow morning, it will go straight to the scrapyard. Even the Tunney, which I usually only use as deodorant, had to be used. 4 leaks, that's abnormal, isn't it?
Result: DFS.
Finally: The Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve gave a nice prick, the Stirling Sailing ASB muffled that nicely and the Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio that gave some extra smell.

Brad Sears/Morris & Forndran 1XL in Finest Badger, Disco Haze
Phoenix & Beau - Iceni
Mulcuto - Fliptop wit plastic chroom topcap (s)
Wyzamet - Iridium Super (5)
Alum

what an unbelievable razor. With a blade used for the fifth time, where I normally don't go further than four, mowing away a threeday beard as if it weren't there. Fabulous.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso
Soap: KEPKINH Vanilla
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Silksmoke Black handle
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Brut Original

DD4EC765-8340-435A-8424-189863828A20.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
Mama Bears - Oak Leaves & Acorns
Timeless 0,95 Smooth
Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (1)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Plastic

The Myrsol is a very good Splash. It Leaves the skin super Smooth. Also the scent is nice: flowery and barbershop. Have a good day!

• Joris/Plison Open Comb
  • Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
  • ---- A soap @The King send me, forgot the name
  • 30mm Marbled DScosmetic Synthetic
  • Van der Lovett AS Balm Sailors Blend
  • Irish Moos - Aftershave
  • Irish Moos - EdT
Two rounds, BBS..daumenh! One round less, also less irritation, this is the very first time i have been this smooth in two rounds, a third always was required. The soap has a very mild barbershop scent, a very good scent, but way to understated for me. Could be my age, but i rather have some 'slap me in the face, and hang around' type of stuff. The foam of the soap was very bubbly, in a Stirling i would expect to much water use, and the shave would be less then pleasant. This worked out differently, a whole bowl (and yes it was a large bowl) full with lather filled with air bubbles.
Still i used it, and the result was excellent, although two passes with the brush were needed for a good layering of the lather, no problem, there was more then enough of it. It shaved fine, my skin felt good, so protection from the bloodthirsty Joris was adequate rasierensmilie

Off to hospital, to hear the verdict on my kidney function, lets hope it stayed at 65% and has not fallen lower yet :uhoh

606E3796-B52F-4696-8D66-510D245FFBEF.jpeg
Midweek on Wednesday:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
Super Speed/Gillette day 5
RVT Chapmunk SS
Fino ASB
Proraso Red AS Splash

I’m still getting excellent performance from this Gillette blade - let’s see if it’ll continue for the rest of the week. This Chapmunk soap, like every other one from South Africa that I have gives me such wonderful lather, that spearmint scent is so nice, and its postshave feeling is great thanks to the chamomile in it. The Fino balm is unscented and it’s so moisturizing as well as soothing. I finished off a tube of it after this shave but I have a brand new one which my dear friend Dave sent me not too long ago. The Proraso Red aftershave smells gorgeous - the sandalwood scent is so exotic. An awesome three pass BBS shave which was so enjoyable!

Yehuda

20190918_184450.jpg

an unknown brand .. the only thing on it is a kind of nobleman and the numbers 1035. It is not that important because it shaves like a dyke, and that is the most important.
unknown knife.
fine badger brush.
mama bear Lemon ice (with a kick)
paco rabanne XS.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Pre-Shave: Prep Cream
Soap: KEPKINH Vanilla
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Silksmoke Black handle
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv