ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Show us your coticules

Here is my shallow Les Latneuses (around 14 x 3 vom).

4C81E63F-C34F-424C-9BCA-7A3F769BB6E9.jpeg

BD81923E-75EE-486B-A5DF-6EE2C2263CB9.jpeg

Best regards
Philipp

I've had this La Dressante bout for a good many years. The bout itself is glued to slate, and the slurry stone, a natural combo. This is the first time I have revisited this stone in years. It needs a fair number of laps to finish, but well worth the effort. And, it's a beautiful stone.. as are all coticules.

5970jjz.jpg

EXIlreD.jpg

Another coticule that has been here for ages. This example kindly chosen for me by Bart, on what I believe was his last trip to Ardennes to select stones to fill members' requests, in the old cot.be days..
A good sized La Grise bout... again with salmon pink veins..

TjwMrlq.jpg

Here is my another shallow friend, identified as from layer "La Grosse Jaune".
Its 15 cm long but just 1cm wide on its narrow side.
The surface looks "3D-like-grainy" but totally smooth to the touch.
Applies a lovely mellow edge to the razor :)

IMG-6277.jpg

View to the surface along the stone:
IMG-6280.jpg

View from the stone side:
IMG-6281.jpg

Another coticule I've had for a long time..

Bought this from Jarrod back when Les Latneuses were relatively difficult to find. It doesn't carry the very beautiful mottled coloration of the Les lats we know and love, but there it is. This one is glued to slate... I don't believe I've ever seen another like that. But, beauty is as beauty does. The surface is very hard and shines nearly like a mirror. It delivers a highly keen edge, and for me, that's what it is all about...

Les Latneuses bout... with matching slurry stone.

FRaqrQO.jpg

h0mOTwD.jpg

This one arrived this morning, probably used with oil in the past. A light lapping with an Atoma 400 showed some minor spots wich I will leave just for now. I think that this is the largest coti I have found up till now.

I will be putting it to the test this afternoon with some razors

7D4F80A0-A58D-4DD5-9B6B-ABDB47C23C65.jpeg
7B94A486-DD11-4460-8FAF-37A2DC03F56F.jpeg
981A6C96-8303-4682-A2EF-BFFB639969CD.jpeg
40178F2F-180C-4173-9514-9F7D77650D46.jpeg

Here’s my modest addition.
I haven’t got a clue of its origin mine or layer wise. It’s a Jaune Standard 125x40.
Bought it online without knowing much about it. The seller is a razor honer. That I do know.
It came with the square purpleish slurry stone. The coti slurry stone i bought separately. Any clue as to what stone the purple one is? It creates a purple/blue slurry on the coti. Could it be BBW? And is it usable for razor honing the same as a coti slurrystone?
4B5F0A75-8EBF-4F96-81BD-B35D0526A0CF.jpeg

Back