ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

"Smoothest" edges: La Nouvelle Veine and La Grise

Having only got a La Nouvelle Veine I can't compare against any other coti (slippery slope to CAD there... lol) but I can happily say it's given me the best edges off any stone I own. Several times I've shaved off an edge from this stone and not needed any post shave balm etc. Other stones have left my skin feeling zingy and sore. I don't get a very good HHT from my honing (maybe as I have fine head hair and use my chest rug instead) but arm hair comes off with a sweep and I enjoy my shaving rituals.
No idea what results I'd get from any other coti though but I don't think I'd be disappointed in not finding out.

La nouvelle veine is my favorite layer. Its very underrated and not talked about that much compared to lpb, la veinette, dressante, etc so I think they're easier to get from Ardennes. I think the secret is out though, they give a very sharp but incredibly mellow edge, very forgiving. I think when Gary and I talked once I said that it shaved hair off effortlessly but the razor felt like a dull knife wiping the hairs away...no sharp edge to be felt.

They do take dilucot practice, but they're way worth it

Nick

Back