ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Swing

Another one for the Dutch market:
DSC06328.JPG
DSC06329.JPG
DSC06330.JPG
DSC06331.JPG
DSC06332.JPG
DSC06333.JPG
DSC06334.JPG
DSC06335.JPG

Great Swing travelcase in bakelite. Holes and lids galore, locked by screws that hold stuff. The large knob holds the shavingstick, and locks the lid under which blades and a razor (the one shown above) are stored. On the bottom a little knob that holds a septic pencil, and locks the twopart brush.
Fabulous piece of shaving history.
DSC06336.JPG
DSC06337.JPG
DSC06338.JPG
DSC06340.JPG
DSC06341.JPG
DSC06342.JPG
DSC06343.JPG
DSC06344.JPG
DSC06345.JPG
DSC06346.JPG
DSC06347.JPG

Great Swing travelcase in bakelite. Holes and lids galore, locked by screws that hold stuff. The large knob holds the shavingstick, and locks the lid under which blades and a razor (the one shown above) are stored. On the bottom a little knob that holds a septic pencil, and locks the twopart brush.
Fabulous piece of shaving history.
View attachment 25047View attachment 25048View attachment 25049View attachment 25050View attachment 25051View attachment 25052View attachment 25053View attachment 25054View attachment 25055View attachment 25056View attachment 25057

Gorgeous set Richard - congrats!! - Funny how the foldable format of the brush is still used today for travel brushes - like e.g. My Simpson Major. It simply works!

Reactions: ehv
Thank you Peter. This whole set was very innovative design, back then, however, except for the brush (and I have no idea who first came up with the idea of the two-part brush) it never caught on. Probably because of the fragility of Bakelite: accidentally drop this on the bathroom-floor and you need to get a new one. Might be the reason I'd never seen one before.

Haven't tried it yet Peter, but expect it to shave as well as my other Needlepoints. Needlepoint is a Mulcuto design, they produced it both regular like this and slanted. Marvelous shaves, both types. Also have it as Servus and two or three other brands.

SWING "SWING-O-MATIC stunning 1950's very rare safety razor. SWING,Ltd, Aktiebolage Svensk Rakklinga,Sandviken,Sweden was a manufacturer of blades and razors from 1914 to 1960.The Swing razor company was awarded a royal warrant by the king of Sweden.This particular model when you unscrew the bottom cap, the bottom plate will move with the blade from side to side.Made in Sweden.Unused in good condition.Comes with 2 original blades.

The seller lives in Japan and does not answer his messages at all. Is this a model that was sold in the Japanese market?
I think not specifically. One of these hase been seen on the US-eBay, where I was outbid.

After reading this, I want a Swing.
And rightly so :)
Shouldn't be too difficult to find one, however condition may vary.

Back