ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Thank you, Gary and Joe!

jkh

Gary and Joe, thank you so much for taking and posting those Coticule honing videos (for those of you that come directly to the Cafeteria, check out the Home page) :thumbup: They were extremely helpful. I picked up a number good tips and things to try out. Being able to hear the sound of blade working on the stone was big plus.

Great job!

Cheers, Jeremy

thank mate,
it was a great day meeting joe. it was a pleasure doing so. The shave i did on my self should be uploaded pritty soon.

gary

Your welcome.
I've learned how to put video on the internet, I'm not a technocrat at this stuff:lol:

Splendid video chaps:thumbup: :thumbup:

Tried imitating you Gary and I was surprissed how well it went. I`ve always been a lousy two-handed honer and thats hard to change but now it`s time to change that habbit...methink,perhaps ;)

Regards
Torbs

Great video - was a bit surprised by Gary's half-strokes on water as I've never seen it mentioned as part of the honing repertoire at the finishing stage.

Having tried it though, I do wonder why it's not mentioned more often - it's a nice little shortcut once you've moved to water only.

The other notable observation - Gary makes it look WAY too easy. I guess that's one sign of his mastery. ;)

You're correct. We have been discussing pressured half-strokes on water to start on the forums, but the dilucot paper, even the revised version, mentions that. They need to be updated because I think it's safe to say it's part of coticule honing "best practices" around here by now

Back