ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

The Wabbit - 3D printed SE razor

sɐǝɹpu∀

Another 3D printed SE razor is the "Wabbit"
This razor for injector blades is a cooperation between Tom White (Head und V2 handle) and myself (V3 handle).
Cap, base and blade are held together by small magnets.
The files for both versions are available free of charge for non-commercial use: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617579
3D-printing is getting cheaper all the time. My yellow one (see below) cost less than 7 Euro shipped.

Version 2 has a simple straight handle:

WabbitV2Printed01.jpg

Tom then asked me to adapt my 'Enders-Speed-Style' handle:

WabbitV3Yellow_7.jpg

A little animation to show the head with the magnets:

anim04.gif

Feedback from testers is quite positive. Personally, I think the blade angle is too steep. Even though the cap is very small it gets in the way. And it's so tiny it's fiddly.
That's why the next razor will have no cap at all - and a new handle - and it will probably be available as a slant.
3 magnets should do the trick.
Watch this space.

Last edited:
Hmmm... That mechanism looks a little too complicated.

I like the throwback to the early Schick handles! :daumenhoch

Well, that round area also brings back that earlier Schick shape. Maybe the nut and bolt will hold better than the magnets. I would be interested in seeing the non slanting version. :daumenhoch

IMG_8667.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

IMG_8674.JPG

I'm pleasantly surprised.
The blade is rock steady.
The shave is not scary at all but quite good actually. Better than the original Wabbit IMHO.

(and the slant will work just fine with two magnets I believe)

No word from Nijntje yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! When will this be loaded to the public domain site? It is kind of like the early Gem blade razors that left the blade exposed on top. :daumenhoch

Beautiful! When will this be loaded to the public domain site? It is kind of like the early Gem blade razors that left the blade exposed on top. :daumenhoch
Thank you. It won't be public domain, just free for non-commercial use. Give me a couple of days.
The handle is already available: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4647384

And yes, the early capless Gem razors helped convince me that a cap is optional.
Seeing the blade "float on top" is unnerving at first, but I've had 3 shaves with it so far and you forget about the blade.

Back