ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Thiers Issard, France

Hellas

Undercover Moderator
SU-Patron
Funny, no thread for this nice french razors with old history and still in production yet.

OK, so lets start with a very singing blade. The Evidé Sonnant Extra is the only Thiers I own. 6/8" with black horn scales, ful hollow, singing. In the past the out-of-box sharpness of Thiers was a bit ill-reputed, which was all the more unfortunate as it is certainly not a razor that a beginner sharpens just easy. The steel is much tougher than Solingen's Siver steel. With mine I could not complain about the delivery sharpness. However, after a touch up on a Thuringian "trout" it is much smoother.

EvidentSonannt1.jpg EvidentSonannt3.jpg EvidentSonannte2.jpg

Tony

SU-Patron
@Tony You did some nice work on shortened it.

The man who owned that razor dropped it in the sink last year. A couple of hours later, the man who is a TI collector stood at my door to buy my wolf and ram. He came to me with tears in eyes and left with a big smile on his face. Shortening such a beautiful razor hurts.