ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Thiers Issard, France

Hellas

Blade Whisperer
Funny, no thread for this nice french razors with old history and still in production yet.

OK, so lets start with a very singing blade. The Evidé Sonnant Extra is the only Thiers I own. 6/8" with black horn scales, ful hollow, singing. In the past the out-of-box sharpness of Thiers was a bit ill-reputed, which was all the more unfortunate as it is certainly not a razor that a beginner sharpens just easy. The steel is much tougher than Solingen's Siver steel. With mine I could not complain about the delivery sharpness. However, after a touch up on a Thuringian "trout" it is much smoother.

EvidentSonannt1.jpg
EvidentSonannt3.jpg
EvidentSonannte2.jpg

@Tony You did some nice work on shortened it.

The man who owned that razor dropped it in the sink last year. A couple of hours later, the man who is a TI collector stood at my door to buy my wolf and ram. He came to me with tears in eyes and left with a big smile on his face. Shortening such a beautiful razor hurts.

Back