ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Thumbs up to Emmanuel!!!

greenking

Hi all,

I am new member and beginner in the straight razor shave so i would like to thanks in public the Emmanuel for the help that he provided to me(honed my razor,explained me tips and the correct method of preparing the shave).
I am member of many others forums but Emmanuel's help was outstanding.
I will stay tuned here to read and learn.

Kind regards,

Giannis

welcome on coticule.be

You have not chosen the worst teacher:lol:

Emmanuel, through his interchange offer, has also honed a razor for me and explained me how to improve my technique.
That helps me a lot but I think the edge he put on my razor will remain my best edge for quite a while;)

kind regards

Laurent

Thanks Yannis for your kind words. You welcome in coticule.be. Here you 'll learn everything about coticules and razors. Yannis lives no more than 15 Km of my place in Athens .A day, Jarrod from The superior shave asked help for a beginner in Greece.Was the first step of my acquaintance with Yannis.(World is small).I believe after time elapsed Yannis will give his advises to the newbe in this forum.
Best regards
Emmanuel

chti_lolo said:
welcome on coticule.be

You have not chosen the worst teacher:lol:

Emmanuel, through his interchange offer, has also honed a razor for me and explained me how to improve my technique.
That helps me a lot but I think the edge he put on my razor will remain my best edge for quite a while;)

kind regards

Laurent

Merci Laurent pour tes bonnes paroles.
Cordialement
Emmanuel

Welcome Giannis (Or Yannis - you guys are confusing me:D )

Our Emmanuel is a highly resourceful fellow. :thumbup:

Enjoy your membership!

Bart.

Bart said:
Welcome Giannis (Or Yannis - you guys are confusing me:D )

Our Emmanuel is a highly resourceful fellow. :thumbup:

Enjoy your membership!

Bart.

Is the same Bart. Yannis or Giannis or Ioannis is like Bart and Bartholomy.You can call him John too.
Best regards
Emmanuel

I would like to thank you all for the comments:)
Emmanouel was very friendly and patient with my irrelevance:-/
Yesterday i tried my first shave with straight razor and cutted my cheek,big cut about 2 cm:scared:
I am a little dissapointed:(

greenking said:
Yesterday i tried my first shave with straight razor and cutted my cheek,big cut about 2 cm:scared:
only a 2cm cut? thats only a small one. the most important key to straight razor shaving is to really take your time to shave.

kind regards
Stijn

Hi Stijn,

Seems that maybe is very common a 2 cm cut in cheek:confused:
Sure needed time but i was a little scared.My wife saw it and told me that look like Al Pacino(scarface):w00t:
geruchtemoaker said:
greenking said:
only a 2cm cut? thats only a small one. the most important key to straight razor shaving is to really take your time to shave.

kind regards
Stijn

Welcome, as far as shaving with a straight razor goes, there are two kinds of shavers: (1) those who have cut themselves , and (2) those that will cut themselves. Remember, you are going to make mistakes when learning to shave. Once you cut yourself: (1) get back up, (2) learn from your mistakes, and (3) apply what you learned to improve your shaving. Only five weeks into SR shaving myself, been lucky to have access to shave ready razors thanks to the forum, I'm enjoying myself immensely.

Before using a real straight, I have tried a shavette and with that little nasty instrument every loss of concentration leads to a cut. The real straight is much more forgiving and one day as I was speaking with my little daughter while shaving I got my first (and last) big cut and even with a styptic pencil I couldn't stop the haemorrhage. So now, I don't speak while shaving.

Maybe Emmanuel as a magic recipe to stop the bleeding and help healing;)

Good luck

Laurent

chti_lolo said:
Maybe Emmanuel as a magic recipe to stop the bleeding and help healing;)

Good luck

Laurent

Laurent ,a quantity like a hazelnut of toothpaste stops the bleeding immediately ,but my best recipe is don't cut your self.
Best regards
Emmanuel

In general, cuts can also be sealed with CA (yes, cyanoacrylate, I'm not joking). They even have a special grade in US for it.

[box]When used for repair, ideally the wound to be closed is fresh, clean, fairly shallow, with straight edges that lie together on their own. The glue is applied to bridge over the closed edges; it should not be used within the wound (on raw surfaces), where it will impair epithelization. The only currently FDA approved adhesives suitable for use as suture alternatives are veterinary products (...)[/box]
While there's a minor risk using it, many craftsmen of various professions confirm they use it successfully themselves.

I tried it once on my finger - worked like a charm. Luckily I don't have too many opportunities to do so. :rolleyes:

best regards,
Matt

Hi and a late welcome from me too

Emmanuel is indeed an asset to our forum, a very wise and generous gentleman :thumbup:

I have had my fair share of cuts since using a straight razor, I have a small scar on my right cheek, and the worst one is actually right on the end of my nose! (no I dont shave my nose lol)

I also use CA glue for emergency first aid, but I have never needed it for a shaving cut, the toothpaste idea sounds great, lets hope I dont need to try it

Best wishes
Ralfson

Hi Ralfson:)

Today i tried again,i think a little better but the problem is when try to shave the opposite cheek or against on the throwt..
Today the collegues asked me where cutted:O
tat2Ralfy said:
Hi and a late welcome from me too

Emmanuel is indeed an asset to our forum, a very wise and generous gentleman :thumbup:

I have had my fair share of cuts since using a straight razor, I have a small scar on my right cheek, and the worst one is actually right on the end of my nose! (no I dont shave my nose lol)

I also use CA glue for emergency first aid, but I have never needed it for a shaving cut, the toothpaste idea sounds great, lets hope I dont need to try it

Best wishes
Ralfson

Back