ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

ti chipping

tat2Ralfy said:
Sorry for the off topic guys:

Emmanuel my friend, do you know of the "miners" stones, that were chosen and used by the Coticule miners themselves, long ago, a naturally thin Coticule layer with a BBW side?

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

No i dont know Ralfy.This coticule is my heritage of my Father. Is very pale without any cosmetics ,has indeed a BBw side,and cuts very fast but very fine more than my Escher. P;ease give me more information about.
Best regards
Emmanuel

These are Coticule layers that are so thin, only 1 or 2 mm at best, that they have no commercial value. In the old days, because the miners were not expected to spend any attention at them, they kept these stones, on the rare occasion they were useable, to themselves. I've owned one of these, it was one of my favorite Coticules. It now belongs to a good friend.:)

Best regards,
Bart.

Your desire is my command ;)

2e1f4446.jpg

a3401e1e.jpg

4e3908ef.jpg

He wouldn't stop nagging about getting that BBW from the BBW-study,that I had to shut him up with something. :lol:

The treat of this stone, is that is almost feels like you're honing on the palm of your hand, which provides incredible control over the honing stroke. (at least, that's what I loved about it). I pray to Saint Barbara (patrones of miners), that Maurice has found another one for me when I go there next time.:love:

Kind regards,
Bart.

I pray he has too my friend, it is indeed a joy to own and use, my other Coticules are feeling a little left out.

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

The dimensions of the mine is 12,5 mm x 62,7 mm.What about your? Bart or Ralfy .
Best regards
Emmanuel

Ralfy, What a marvelous stone! And to receive it as a gift makes it even more special. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Regards,
Stephen

Emmanuel said:
The dimensions of the mine is 12,5 mm x 62,7 mm.What about your? Bart or Ralfy .
Best regards
Emmanuel

Mine is approx' 70 mm x 125 mm, thats 2 3/4" x 5"

And thank you Stephen, it really is a treasure and something I will keep forever :love:

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Back