ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

too much water on coti?

Just shaved with it and :w00t: it was amazing. Its by far the closest shave I've had with a razor I've honed myself. Even when I thought I was going to get razor burn... none. and I would know, I use the alum block and distilled witch hazel (with alcohol) just to make doubly sure. It also did considerably well taking into account, I've been shaving twice daily for the past week testing edges, and still didn't get razor burn.

it still lacks the keenness that Gary's or any other honemeisters honed razors have but it was still super sharp and comfortable, which I would take anyday over more keenness. The difference between the slurry finished edge ad this one is light years between them in terms of smoothness, its amazing what 50 strokes does to an edge (when done properly) on water

I'm sure I'll have more questions about this lovely stone but right now, I'm as happy as a bald faced pig in his own pile of dull razors - 18 to be exact (you have to love ebay) sorry 19, just won one one yesterday which has still to arrive...damn RAD

Thanks for all the info, especially Gary whose been a great help putting up with all my emails, its been a massive help. I'm sure all my honing edges won't go as smoothly as this one but, I don't give a crap, this edge'll keep me going for a wee while and give me hope.

all the best
Alex

Back