ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Unknown OC Razors

Thorsten69

What kind of brand is that?

I have two almost identical vintage safety razors here.

I got the left one a few years ago and it was in a box from the Wuttig Apperatebau company. It is chrome-plated and weighs 78 grams an No aritations.

I got the right safety razor today, it is almost identical. It's silver-plated! and has two aritations at the end of the handle. A ball and a hollow.

It weighs 78.4 grams and you cannot remove the sleeve from either razor. As with the old Rotbart 15 safety razors, they are fastened with a sleeve.

Both have 12 teeth and a bulldog handle and are of very high quality. Who can tell me more about this safety razor? Manufacturer??

DSC03852.JPG
DSC03853.JPG
DSC03854.JPG
DSC03855.JPG
DSC03857.JPG
DSC03862.JPG
DSC03863.JPG

This looks like a prototype and an unfinished one. Could be for adjust-ability but the Gap is not moving. It seems as if they haven't built the had yet. The head seems to be a Gillette old type style, the same in the Merkur 15C (My first safety razor ever).
Is there a way you can disassemble the razor, maybe we can clues about the intent of the maker.

Nope, found on the interweb, is that not allowed?
Don't worry about it. @Clouds made it for all of us. This is the main website for adjustable razors.
There is another one made for Gillette adjustables. But ,since I don't collect Gillette i haven't kept the link. Should be easy to find.

PS don't use "the" when talking about the Interweb, use "teh" just for fun. ;)

Here's a razor from Switzerland which is similar although it has one less "tooth"in the open comb. I've tentatively identified this one as a "Helvetia" but I cannot confirm that this is correct.

Helvetia Open Comb Safety Razor, 77g, Silver, Switzerland 5.JPG
Helvetia Open Comb Safety Razor, 77g, Silver, Switzerland 7.JPG
Helvetia Open Comb Safety Razor, 77g, Silver, Switzerland 9.JPG

Here's a razor from Switzerland which is similar although it has one less "tooth"in the open comb. I've tentatively identified this one as a "Helvetia" but I cannot confirm that this is correct.

If it looks like a Helvetia, has the same plating as the Helvetia, then it is must be a Helvetia ...or a clone.
I know several who have them with no Helvetia logo. It's really a beautiful razor though.

If it looks like a Helvetia, has the same plating as the Helvetia, then it is must be a Helvetia ...or a clone.
I know several who have them with no Helvetia logo. It's really a beautiful razor though.
Thanks Walid. Do you happen to have anything that shows the Helvetia brand on "something"? In other words, would you be able to post some photos of a Helvetia razor with a brand logo, or perhaps a cased example, or maybe an advertisement of one? If so, that would be appreciated as I've never been able to see anything conclusive (not that I doubt you).

Got the pictures (if anyone is interested in buying let me know) -it might go to eBay

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 08.20.18.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 08.20.18 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 08.20.19.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 08.20.20.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 08.20.20 (1).jpeg

Reactions: ehv
Back