ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What are the top 10 vintage razors you would like to get

Okido. Top 10.

1. The unknown, never before seen slant that DHL lost for me
Full set of Psycho
Merkur B5.
Hoffritz Progress - By this I mean a Hoffritz-branded Progress, not a Progress in a Hoffritz case
1st gen Apollo Mikron
One-piece Fasan travel slant
Bia Stroke
Elysium
Flexit
Petard
Nice list, Which one of them will you exchange for a Multiplex, just wondering...
And which one of the petards you're looking for? I know of 2 but own none.
Also, never heard of Flexit or Elysium. Do you have any pics of those you can share?

Reactions: ehv
As I don't have any Petard, it would be all different models.
Flexit I do not have pics, but know of its existence. Elysium is a razor similar to the MeM or RAS, but with less holes along the edge.

As I don't have any Petard, it would be all different models.
Flexit I do not have pics, but know of its existence. Elysium is a razor similar to the MeM or RAS, but with less holes along the edge.
All right, you still didn't answer the first question. Which one would you exchange for a multiplex?

@Walid maybe better do the horse trading via pm
I am just adding some spice to the forum :cool:
We can get a sense of what is important to people and get them engaged.
If we start having such conversations here, we will be getting more traction and we will have a hardcore forum where we have interesting exchanges.
I could have this conversation in private with @efsk and the rest of you will not benefit.

I have, as you probably noticed a different attitude, some see me as aggressive, arrogant and impolite if they are from a different background. Others will like me more and engage with me more. But rest assured, I mean no harm or disrespect.

We're all different and this difference will make us more dynamic.

All right, you still didn't answer the first question. Which one would you exchange for a multiplex?
I've a gold Mvltiplex, no dome, no blades, missing plate 1, that is a tradable item. Can even add a silver handle to it :)

If we start having such conversations here, we will be getting more traction and we will have a hardcore forum where we have interesting exchanges.
I could have this conversation in private with @efsk and the rest of you will not benefit.

I have, as you probably noticed a different attitude, some see me as aggressive, arrogant and impolite if they are from a different background. Others will like me more and engage with me more. But rest assured, I mean no harm or disrespect.

You're right. I 'll keep my nose out. Good luck! I'll hope you will find a nice horse.

Don't worry.
You seem to be OK, as I haven't put you on my ignore list yet.
Once I stop responding you'll know you've gone too far.
:p

I always wanted to know what people are looking for. If you have only 3 or five you're looking for that's fine too.

Here are mine in no particular order (Let me know if you have one of them):
  • Monks razor
  • Fontaine razor
  • Thy-lo
  • Multiplex
  • Razor six
  • Sport/Sparto
  • Auguste bain (L-Shaped)
  • Rosen Razor
  • Mann's razor
  • Rythmic Razor
My goodness,I consider myself a collector and never heard of any of these admittedly! Unless Rosen is a typo for Ronson...then I actually have a spare for you lol.

Regarding the Hoffritz Progress, I've got a Hoffritz box, with Hoffritz leather case, and Merkur branded razor. I would have thought that's what you're looking for, but I've got another with a silver plated slant razor in it that actually has a Hoffritz branded razor.
I always thought Hoffritz was a department store that just nearly packaged other manufacturers razors. Always learning lol.
I bought a large lot in a20 gallon tote because there were 2 Gibbs and a hybrid tech on top... jumped right on it. Surprised only a few Gillette in the bin, 80% never heard of.
16649813426675332746440053631365.jpg

My goodness,I consider myself a collector and never heard of any of these admittedly! Unless Rosen is a typo for Ronson...then I actually have a spare for you lol.
Rosen is the right name. I know someone who has it. He told me that I will have to contact his estate when he dies. But who knows, anyghing is possible in life. I gave up on some razors thinking I will mever be able to find them. But I did. It's just a matter of time and perseverance.

@Old School TSD Hoffritz sold Hoffritz branded razors that were made by Merkur. Like Coles. Pomco and then some. Pomco is special: they also had there own development, such as the Pomcomatic, which is basically a vibrator with a Merkur-head, and the Lady Pomco, which has a head I've seen nowhere else.
Interested in what else was in your big bag!

@Old School TSD Hoffritz sold Hoffritz branded razors that were made by Merkur. Like Coles. Pomco and then some. Pomco is special: they also had there own development, such as the Pomcomatic, which is basically a vibrator with a Merkur-head, and the Lady Pomco, which has a head I've seen nowhere else.
Interested in what else was in your big bag!
There's a few Wilkinson Sword sets, one 7 day complete in happy about a I've been eyeing them lol. Henckles 3 day (tues.,Thurs, sat. Blades), 2 gibbs 15 (sold one keeping one), Ben Hurr white bakelite in leather pouch, Leresche 50?.... aluminum handle incorrectly called 77 prototype. Apollo Fix, 2x Pal adjustable (selling one), C.V. Heljestrand wedge set, Gillette Hybrid Tech (sold), NOS Gillette 77 (asking mine, case and blade banks), and handfuls of Gem and Schick injectors. Most seem unused, a rather eclectic collection I'd say!

Attachments

• received_588998282966039.jpeg
    received_588998282966039.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 24
  • received_439378024988483.jpeg
    received_439378024988483.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 24
  • FB_IMG_1664298172758.jpg
    FB_IMG_1664298172758.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Resized_20220925_002252.jpeg
    Resized_20220925_002252.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 24
  • Resized_20220925_000323.jpeg
    Resized_20220925_000323.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Resized_20220924_131016.jpeg
    Resized_20220924_131016.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 24
You are not running your web page anymore?
The domain has been hijacked due to no fault of mine.
I hope to get it back when my domain provider pulls their finger out. It is still under their control.
Right now we're on one reply to my emails once every 2-4 weeks.
I could get another domain, but only if there is no other way.

I have actually just bought another domain for £8/year and will enable that.
The idea is to have both domains available.
Details to follow once I've set everything up...

I'm not using my old registrar for the new domain. :cool:

Whatever comes my way for under £20.
Always on the lookout for a Monks, an HR-1, an Allegro with a Rapide, and an Ebor (damn you, Richard, yours should have been mine)
A copy of Hazelcorn's third edition of his Kampfe razors book would be appreciated as well. (PDF will do)
Any of those for under £20, please. I'll stretch to £30 for the Monks and the Allegro.
After having had a look at a Hazelkorn third edition, I need to revise my wishlist to include a Kampfe HR-1P prototype with milk glass handle.

Back