ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

what do you guys think of this video...

That's been on there for some time, I remember seeing it a year or so ago, Ardennes must have uploaded it too recently. Isn't that Toxik from SRP?

I never shaved with one of his razors before but I think he was known for being able to hone a razor well so...:confused:

Some things just work for people that don't for others.

Yep. I mean his technique looks very good, but I'm just skeptical as to the number of passes and dilutions.

Maybe the razor was 'almost there' to start with. I know I couldn't possibly do it with that amount of strokes. I've seen Bart do it in, say, 10 to 15 minutes but in that timeframe he uses way more strokes.

Well I know I can not take a razor dulled over glass, and get it shave ready like that, I can do a power touch up in a similar fashion though, and looking at the light slurry he uses, this to me seems most likely what he is doing.

But hey what do I know?..lol

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

I am surprised at the lack of sharpness tests used. I can tell a lot from shaving arm hair, above or below the surface, etc., but one would think he would give more indicators, before and after stropping. YT, Denny

I can shave arm hair after I set the bevel with fairly heavy slurry. I would not however take that razor to my face even after 50 some passes on water.

The guy is Alex, A Dutch fellow, if I'm not mistaken. Goes by the name of LXEmergency on StraightRazorPlace and BadgerandBlade forums. He was one of the first guy's ever to do a video about honing razors on a Coticule, back in 2007.

Here's the original discussion thread on Badger&Blade. It contains some further explanation by Alex himself.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16837&

Kind regards,
Bart.

Thank you! I knew I read his posts before, I was blindly guessing his username. I actually watched his video almost two years ago trying to learn to hone.

Bart said:
The guy is Alex, A Dutch fellow, if I'm not mistaken. Goes by the name of LXEmergency on StraightRazorPlace and BadgerandBlade forums. He was one of the first guy's ever to do a video about honing razors on a Coticule, back in 2007.

Here's the original discussion thread on Badger&Blade. It contains some further explanation by Alex himself.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16837&

Kind regards,
Bart.

Back