ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Your Robinson Crusoe Razor?

Mine would have to be my H. Diamond #1000. It takes a wicked edge and shaves like a dream. The scales are nothing fancy, but I personally like them quite a bit!

Seems like the widgets to attach pictures is not showing up - or there would be photos.

'Almost impossible to choose between the 2 favorites - a Williams custom 6/8, 1/4 hol. and a Wacker 6/8, 1/4 hollow. Both deliver the goods every time and leave me with a big smile on my face. There are others I love, but these two stand out.

Robert, for this section of the forum, pictures need to hosted online, and the BB image code used to post them buddy, like this ;)

28-05-10.jpg

Bwhahahaha (evil laugh) Bwhahaha

Regards
Waldron (Dr)

Thank You Ralfy!

I've not ventured into online storage of images, so I can only talk about the blade(s)

It would be almost impossible to decide between the beautiful Williams custom and a 6/8 Wacker 1/4 hollow. Both stand tall. It wasn't until yesterday that I had confidence to tweak the Williams edge, which was finished on a $1400 asagi. My more humble asagi did give it an improvement. The smoothness is surreal. The Wacker, treated the same way, is a bit more crisp, but makes me happy every time I've used it. Either of them would be completely satisfying if they were the only blades I had.

pinklather said:
....I had confidence to tweak the Williams edge, which was finished on a $1400 asagi. My more humble asagi did give it an improvement. The smoothness is surreal. ...

Thats because the Razor doesn't know how much the stone cost :thumbup:

Best regards
Ralfson (Dr)

Round tip 1/4 hollow 5/8" in Ivory scales.

Why?

No splitting or warping scales. And that particular grind and size feels the most sturdy to me without going full wedge (I don't really like full wedges). A little small, but deeper blades face more risk of getting chipped I figure. I'd expect a 5/8" 1/4 hollow to survive a drop or two. Not many other razors feel that sturdy to me.

Back