ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

15 march-22 march

mhharsta

47343569-30D0-4EC0-BBCE-972FDF81A823.jpeg
Nichiri frameback
Boar badger brush in Maseto handle
TFS bergamotto neroli shaving soap and AS
Have a good sunday!

Today for a testshave the C.V. Hjestrand Frameback 11/16 which i honened yesterday.

This is the best edge i m aade so far..... very nice 3 pass shave and smooth... yes this one is going in my rotation.

SWK xl scuttle
C.V. Hjelstrand Frameback 11/16
Shavemac LE TSR xmas 2band
SV dolimiti
Osaga rub
20200315_093235.jpg

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 (UK)
Blade: Derby Premium (Turkey)
Pre-Shave:
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Monsavon (France)
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Tuxedo Blue Lagoon handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave (Hungary)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Simpsons LE TSN 2013 P8 Phyl #195 Best Badger,
Mama Bear Siberian Fir Needle,
Phoenix Alpha Ecliptic Slant Ox Blod,
Gillette 7'O Clock Sharp Edge 6th x,
TDS Deja Vue,
la Riana Rosmarino,
Loris E-162 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

Blade has disappeared after 6 times in the piggy bank.

SOTD_20200315.jpg

A28C98E8-0B91-487C-9BB5-8DAB0EA1C37C.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Bleubeards Revenge
Shaving Soap / Cream: MDC Original

Aftershave: Obsession for men
Eau de Toilette: Obesession for men

Shaving Brush: Yagi 26 mm. Tuxedo

DE-Razor: Wolfman Titanium TI 22 0,74 / Stork Titanium Aristrocat
DE-Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 1x

IMG_20200315_180218703.jpg
Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Semogue brush
Haslinger ringelblumen
Heljestrand frameback
Vdh alum
Dickinsons with hazel
Nivea deep comfort, de tuinen calendula balsem

@Kamp you must have a better honing session then me. The razor was usable, but it missed the smoothness you described. But your experience means that I will try again. The razor was totally silent. No audible feedback.

As after shave balsem I used a calendula cream by de tuinen. It is possibly a foot cream, but the ingrediënt list looks like you van use it as an as balm as well.

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 (UK)
Blade: Derby Premium (Turkey)
Pre-Shave:
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Monsavon (France)
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Tuxedo Blue Lagoon handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave (Hungary)
Aftershave: Adam’s After Shave Balm (Hungary)
EDT: None

Finished the Adam's After shave.

Balea rasieröl
Yaqi synthetic brush
Turkish shaving bowl
Proraso white shaving cream
Mulcuto humpback razor + ASP #5
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
Tüff Herb, vdh balsem

After a beautifull and very nice bike ride I arrived at work. The office was in lockdown tough.

Today shave was very good. After seeing all those mulcuto's in the SOTD I decided also to use one. This one is straight, but with a hump in the cap so in the end it shaves like a schrägschnitt. The cap is metal. The handle and baseplate are bakelite.

The blade went to the blade bank.

0BE027E1-1CD2-4D4A-85D8-876008B968BE.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Prep
Shaving Soap / Cream: Williams Menthol / Ice Fresh

Aftershave: Proraso green
Aftershave Balm: Prep

Shaving Brush: Proraso

DE-Razor: Wolfman Titanium TI 22 0,74 / Stork Titanium Aristrocat
DE-Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 2x

Today the cap of the Williams menthol / ice fresh was taken off for the first time.
A good cream with a fresh scent and a reasonable cooling of the menthol actually nothing wrong with it. daumenh!

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
TDS "Cream: evergreen juniper."
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Gillette Blue Super stainless 1st x,
Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Men/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon),
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-108 Hugo.

SOTD_20200316.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and TDS "Cream: evergreen juniper":
The foam was back in order with the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and the TDS ""Cream: evergreen juniper"". Although, I didn't feel like juniper bushes in a nice piece of Twente nature with small streams and stuff. No more raw Russian odorless tundra. That's a pity, because the technical quality of the TDS soaps isn't wrong, but it clearly remains a challenge to put nice fragrances in shaving soaps, which are promised with the label.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Blue Super stainless for the 1st x used.
To still defy fate, used a Gillette Blue Super Super stainless. One of those Gillette in a blue wrapper from Shanghai. Well wasn't something and won't be something. Could have known better. But still with confidence in advancing technology, other razors etc. done, and look. I could shave with it, but that's all. In the RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P the Gillette Blue Super Super stainless was not in stat to really good performance. Tomorrow no once to be sure in The Qshave try but think that this definitely to the department note more use, but remember, moves.
Result: DFS.
Finally: Refreshed and taken care of with the Green Freeze Lemon (Osage/Men/Cajuputi/Menthol/Lemon), Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-108 Hugo again a good feeling.

Back