ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

CEP

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
After a long search I found my CEP. Brown/black flecked bakelite razor, with a Zaiss-head that is found on the NEo-Ras/Gam/Lux series of razors. Has the same claspingsystem too. Two differences however: the baseplate is marked "Made in France", and the metal clasp that holds the head in place is not triangular, but half a circle. Turn the handle half a twist, and the head can be steplessly adjusted into a slanted position, anywhere between 0-45°.
DSC04298.JPG
DSC04299.JPG
DSC04301.JPG
DSC04302.JPG
DSC04303.JPG
DSC04304.JPG
DSC04305.JPG

According to the shipper of the first one I ever saw (and missed out on). The one shown here is the second one I ever saw, and I think a Belgian collector has one too.

I believe that in France there was production under license from the brand, but I found no further evidence, and obviously no patent, but I deduce that they were possibly manufactured towards the end of the brand's period, which it manufactured until 1954, in any case, they are variations on the same already patented theme, and possibly with a rather short diffusion. In that list there are models that are not directly related to this brand, but that are what I refer to as the Diagonal models, trying to differentiate them from the slant models, where some confusion is generated.
  • NEO-RAS, Alemania
  • NEO-LUX, Alemania
  • NEO-GAM, Alemania
  • EBOR, Alemania
  • B-E, Alemania
  • CEP, Francia (franquicia)
  • KABRAND, Francia
  • IRO, España
  • DIAGONAL, de MEM, Austria
  • SESAM, Suecia (franquicia)

After a long search I found my CEP. Brown/black flecked bakelite razor, with a Zaiss-head that is found on the NEo-Ras/Gam/Lux series of razors. Has the same claspingsystem too. Two differences however: the baseplate is marked "Made in France", and the metal clasp that holds the head in place is not triangular, but half a circle. Turn the handle half a twist, and the head can be steplessly adjusted into a slanted position, anywhere between 0-

I believe that in France there was production under license from the brand, but I found no further evidence, and obviously no patent, but I deduce that they were possibly manufactured towards the end of the brand's period, which it manufactured until 1954, in any case, they are variations on the same already patented theme, and possibly with a rather short diffusion. In that list there are models that are not directly related to this brand, but that are what I refer to as the Diagonal models, trying to differentiate them from the slant models, where some confusion is generated.
  • NEO-RAS, Alemania
  • NEO-LUX, Alemania
  • NEO-GAM, Alemania
  • EBOR, Alemania
  • B-E, Alemania
  • CEP, Francia (franquicia)
  • KABRAND, Francia
  • IRO, España
  • SESAM, Suecia (franquicia)
So, If I understand correctly, this was a french Brand and were licensing, I guess from Zaiss?
Do we have print ads on this brand? They look really good. Like an Ebor but gives the option of a Neo-Ras. Two in one.
That Belgian collector, does he have some info on this?

Do we have print ads on this brand? They look really good. Like an Ebor but gives the option of a Neo-Ras. Two in one.
That Belgian collector, does he have some info on this?
Nope. Nope.

• KABRAND, Francia
  • IRO, España
Kabrand, IRO, MEM were different patents, they had nothing to do with the Neo* family of Zaiss razors. Kabrand is actually a French variant of an Italian patent by Hudes, IRO was the first to mat the handle decide diagonality. MeM is a different theme altogether.

Back