ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dec. 15th - Dec. 21th 2019

J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Synthesized 24mm,
Martin de Candre Agrumes,
Qshave,
Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus 3rd x,
Eyup Sabri Tuncer Colonya Klasik Limon,
Mennen Baume Energisant,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20191218.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm and Martin de Candre Agrumes:
Beautiful citrus with something earthy in the base in the brush. The J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm together with the Martin de Candre Agrumes is wonderfully fresh with something basic in the fragrance. Not a super exuberant soap, but good quality with a solid smell.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus for the 3rd x used.
The Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus plowed through nicely and was still in great condition for the 3rd x. Although the cheap Merkur clone, the Qshave, isn't very tightly finished, the Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus fits perfectly and it's a good range of mild to effectively adjustable scraper. My copy is fine and gave me another nice shave. Skull on 2, face on 3 and in 3 rounds smooth.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Finishing with the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Mennen Baume Energisant and Loris E-048 Cool Water edp makes the whole nice and complete. Fresh and fruity start.

To early for me ! :modboese
Done the laundry , dishes , had a coffee , shower , and ............. a verry nice shave . rasierensmilie
Parker 26c OC , with a Gillette 7o"Clock blade ( 2 ) was a good combination , because i was still dreaming about things i can't share with you .:disco1 , and before any kind of damage , this mild blade . :p:p
Vintage brush , with a new synthetic knot :daumenhoch
Wooden shaving bowl , and the Lidl soap spoon . :essen1
Faena Nectar soap , its a nice one . :rofl:rofl
3 passes , and BBS . :hey1
Nikos God's Night's EDT , and i can go to my work again . :headwall1

20191219_033305.jpg

Razor: Occam's Razor Mild Plate
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

2CE52A17-E431-469B-B3A8-C30BB763E5B5.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
Murphy & McNeil - Garda Siochana
Paradigm Diamondback
Perma Sharp (1)
Humprey’s Citrus
Myrsol Don Carlos 1972
Murphy & McNeil - Garda Siochana ASB

In the Diamondback even an average blade like the Perma Sharp performs very well. So happy with this razor! Have a good day!

Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair “Fan Shape” 27mm,
Maggard London Barbershop,
Fatip Grande Rutinia,
Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus 4e x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-181 Noir Man.
SOTD_20191219.jpg

IMG_20191219_092550.jpg

• Merkur 39C
  • Lord Classic (5)
  • J&T Marblewood Tuxedo
  • Nordost - Smoked Orange
2 rounds and good enough (no energy left for a third round, used the remnants of the foam in the shower ;-) ), not exactly BBS, but near. The Classic keeps it up, i wonder if this one will break the 7 times that one gave me in the Charcoal, as it feels still sharp and smooth.
The J&T is marvelous and smooth in use, very nice brush, real soft tips, but still enough backbone.
The soap is a new one, forgot to post in the 'received by mail' section. Finally a soap with a good Orange scent, that stands up, it has a slight, very slight, bitter note (the smoked part?) but the Orange prevails, this one is a keeper, if you are into Orange scent, this one is recommended.

SOTD Thursday 19 December 2019

Prep: Cold water
Brush: Morris&Forndarn Style 3 Ocean Mist Acrylic (26mm Finest Badger)
Razor : Koraat "Golden Beauty"
Soap: Noble Otter Jungle Warrior
Post: Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)
2W04Wq0.jpg

Razor: Occam's Razor Mild Plate
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

0CDFB52B-7A6C-45F9-B625-9AFA08653525.jpeg

Shaving Soap: Mama Bears Welcome Home

After Shave: Extro Arancia Italiana
Eau de Toilette: Extro Arancia Italiana

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 26 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger DO1

DE-Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
DE- Blade: Treet Carbon Black Beauty 2x

For many, today will be the last working day and then the cozy Christmas holiday. :)

I wish everyone happy and pleasant days.

Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis,
Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe,
Merkur 38C HD Long Handle Barber Pole,
Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus 5e x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Toco-Tholin Lavender ASB,
Pinaud-Clubman After shave lotion Original.

SOTD_20191220.jpg

Brush and soap:
Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis and Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe:
The Maseto Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush - Memphis is a nice brush, not too hard, not too soft and nice grip. Ok, it's not a Shavemac with a great backbone, but absolutely not limp. Now used 63 times and doesn't lose its hair. That was my only critique of this brush. When I complained about it to the supplier, I promptly got a new brush sent to me, so that was only used a few times on trial. Do I miss the hairs from the first brush? Absolutely not. Ergo pleasant brush, good service and I satisfied. The Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe let herself be whipped up with it to such a nice coherent glycerine foam, like bavarois. Smells nicely rounded, a bit sweet and powdery. Not exaggerated for an American soap, but nice to use every time.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus used for the 5th time.
Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus passed my 5 norm without any comments and now through for the top prize. In the Merkur 38C HD Long Handle Barber Pole, the Gillette Rubie® Platinum Plus is still able to deliver a highly effective turn, although that razor falls into the pussy category. Sorry I mean for beginners.
Result: BBS.
Finally: A nice splash of Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, the self mixed Toco-Tholin Lavender ASB and as a scent of the day the Pinaud-Clubman After shave lotion Original over it.

Shaving Soap: Mama Bears Welcome Home

After Shave: Extro Arancia Italiana
Eau de Toilette: Extro Arancia Italiana

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 26 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger DO1

DE-Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
DE- Blade: Treet Carbon Black Beauty 2x

For many, today will be the last working day and then the cozy Christmas holiday. :)

I wish everyone happy and pleasant days.
Great photo!

Tabac thursday's evening shave

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Yaqi synthetic brush
Tabac shaving soap
Pradat brun frameback
Vdh alum
Thayer's witch hazel
Tabac gentlemen's care balsem

I had to make extra lather my son wanted to get rid of his wispy moustache.

Back