ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dec. 29th 2019 - Jan. 4th 2020

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Einseifer Wiener Duft,
Gillette Black Beauty Long Handle adjustable,
Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel 5e x,
Floid Original,
Floid Aftershave Balm,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio .

SOTD_20191231.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Einseifer Wiener Duft:
The nice thing about soaps, that you pick up somewhere on a trip, is that you have good memories of the early morning. So this morning too, while I was stirring with the Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush in the Einseifer Wiener Duft to get a nice foam. Picked up this soap at a market in Altenburg in Germany on my way back from a trip through Poland. Well and that may well be remembered on the last day of 2019 as nice and warm summer weather. Old town nice market stall with delicious soaps and a nice fragrant barbershop-like shaving soap. Curious what 2020 will bring in terms of that. Well the last beautiful foam of 2019.
Blade and razor:
The Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel for the 5th x used.
For an acceptable shave with the Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel the foam was fine, but the blade less. This one has disappeared in the piggy bank. Still enough cut to be a close shave, but getting rawer and rawer along the way. The Gillette Black Beauty Long Handle adjustable made the Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel still usable on 4 for the roof and on 7 for the facade, but that was it. This blade doesn't need a continuation, there are still 4, of which 3 will disappear in the museum box.
Result: DFS.
Finally: Nice fragrant finish with first Floïd Original, so no puddles, but a nice fog smell and light cooling. Then Floid Aftershave Balm to tighten the sheet again and finally some fougere of the Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio.
So and now waiting for the new year.

Gentlemen, my last shave of this decade was
  • American Crew Ultra Gliding Oil
  • Pannacrema Ebano
  • Semogue OWC Badger
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Wacker The Barbier‘s Bride 6/8 Full hollow singing, stropped on
  • Black Cordovan Strop
  • Tüff No 1
  • Azzaro pour Homme EdT
Step well into the next decade.
32503078-D5D2-492F-AC6D-748DA0A6FEB5.jpeg

F7620082-03D3-4A5C-A28C-5CE65A65EBAE.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Prep Cream
Shaving Soap: DR Harris Eucalyptus

After Shave: Aqua Velva Fresh Control
After Shave Balm : Prep

Shaving Brush: Yagi 26 mm. Syntheet Tuxedo

DE-Razor: Wolfman TI22 / Stork Titanium Aristrcat
DE- Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Perma Sharp 2x

I could have chosen from so many beautiful shaving soaps or creams on this Last day of this year, but for medicinal reasons I chose for the nose opening effect of the Eucalyptus, of course not wrong at all.

I wish everyone a pleasant New Year's Eve.

Hi Friends,

First shave of the new Year (01.01.2020)

Razor: Karve Brass with C-plate
Blade: Sputnik
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Brush: PAV Brushworks Goldcoast
Aftershave: Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

First of all, Happy New Year to all of you. Good luck, satisfaction and health should be your companions way.

So this was it ... the premiere shave in the new year / new decade is in the books.

I was looking forward to it and was not disappointed.

Pre-watered the brush for about 15 minutes. Then opened the soap and soaked up this great scent.

Put the excess water from the brush on the soap to soften the surface a little and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Soapy water as a pre-shave in the face.

I tried a method to lather that I had previously only used once. Circled on the soap with the relatively dry brush for 15 seconds, then dipped the tips in water again circled on the soap for 15 seconds. There was also a third round. So a total load of 45 seconds of soap added.

The knot was now filled accordingly. Shiny, choppy, yoghurt foam. In the face with it.

The sputnik was inserted into the Karve and the joy continued to increase. Is that a pretty razor!!!

After the first few strokes it was already clear where the journey was going. Very thorough and very very gentle.

The 3 passes were more than great. The Karve is an incredibly great razor, which has let me know today that the purchase was a direct hit. Gratitude spreads in me ...

So at the end, wash off the soap residue with warm and cold water and used my alum block for testing. Only a minimal sizzling on the skin. Very pleasant.

Last but not least an aftershave, which I had already forgotten and which by chance fell into my hands again. A very subtle fragrance that is actually extremly hard to describe. Not nearly as aquatic as a "typical" blue aftershave, rather a bit powdery ... the skincare seems to be right. The Italians know how to do things.

I now enjoy this great shave a little bit and thank you so much for sticking with me. The text has become a bit longer ... :lyrtuy5:

Have a great day, enjoy your shaves and take care.

Yesterday's shave

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Proraso red
Yaqi aqua brush
Pradat brun 6/8
Vdh alum
Thayer's witch hazel
Rebul dark spice, isana ultrasensitive balsem

Today's shave
Balea rasieröl
Yaqi synthetic brush