ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Feb 9th 2020 - Feb 15th 2020

DBF84251-638A-4E6B-B074-FC96853B7AF0.jpeg

This is a really nice razor, Friodur 15/16 half hollow. And it is sharp so I cut myself this first shave, vertical near my right ear nearly 1 ½ inch long; still a beginner.....

Just finished this shave:

Yaqi 28mm Timberwolf
Pereira bowl
Stirling Arkadia (sample)
Wicawa 60 6/8
Osma alum
Fresh Up Performer as

Wow! Great razor, great soap and a very nice aftershave.
Got the Arkadia sample from @dajd94 with a few soaps that I bought from him. One more shave in that sample still.
Still amazes me how a little bit of soap can produce such an abundance of creamy fat lather. Fantastic stuff.
The razor is slowly becoming one of my favorites.

Razor: Timeless 0.95 OC (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Tabac Shaving Soap (Germany)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger Hair Shaving Brush (PRC)
Aftershave: Di Barba Aluin (Italy)
Aftershave: Tabac Aftershave Lotion (Germany)
Aftershave: Tabac Aftershave balm (Germany)
EDT: Tabac

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
Calani Dubai,
Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole,
Racer Super Class Platinum 6th x,
Rebul Dark Spice,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma.

SOTD_20200213.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and Calani Dubai:
Tasty oriental spicy turn this morning with the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and the Calani Dubai. When I froth that soap I get visions of an Arab souk, where the scents blend into something earthy, spicy and mystical. In the lather this stays reasonably lingerable. A thirsty lather, though.
Blade and razor:
The Racer Super Class Platinum for the 6th x used.
The Racer Super Class Platinum disappears after 6x in the piggy bank. The blade is clearly going backwards. When I didn't shave my skull with it, I could use it 8 times, but that's really less now. The Merkur 39C Slant Long Handle Barber Pole with the Racer Super Class Platinum is a sensitive combination. I feel the blade quite a bit and it pulled somewhat, so that's definitely finished. Still shaved smooth, but that can be done much better.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Nice smell and oriental finish with Rebul Dark Spice, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü and a nice smell of the Loris E-164 Laura Biagiotti Roma. Wood herbs etc. nice finale.

I see you offen use
17-4, diamondback and razorock. How do you value these razors.
Is the 17-4 really superior?

I also like to use my Tatara!
The Paradigm 17-4 is a fantastic shaver (still very glad Snuff brought me in contact with the seller), it took me awhile to get used to it, but now it's an easy, comfortable and efficient shaver. My stubbles take the most time to reappear after a shave with the 17-4.

My RazoRock Game Changer is very nice to use, all variants, comfortable, easy and smooth results.

I still don't know about the Diamondback, it's a good shaver, but ... I think my Game Changer is as good and only costing a third or so. So the one day I think about selling and the other day I get surprised...

Balea rasieröl
Yaqi synthetic 26mm brush
Tabac shaving cream
Turkish shaving bowl
Lutz + shark ss #3
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
La rive cabana, vdh balsem

The shark went to the blade bank. Managed to get a nice shave with it, but not as good as the first two. I enjoyed the Lutz. Normallty I switch the razor with the blade. But this time I'll do an extra round with the Lutz.

The Paradigm 17-4 is a fantastic shaver (still very glad Snuff brought me in contact with the seller), it took me awhile to get used to it, but now it's an easy, comfortable and efficient shaver. My stubbles take the most time to reappear after a shave with the 17-4.

My RazoRock Game Changer is very nice to use, all variants, comfortable, easy and smooth results.

I still don't know about the Diamondback, it's a good shaver, but ... I think my Game Changer is as good and only costing a third or so. So the one day I think about selling and the other day I get surprised...

of all the paradigms I have the 17-4 is the second best razor I own (the javelin is number one). About the diamondback: don’t sell yet, it will grow on you

of all the paradigms I have the 17-4 is the second best razor I own (the javelin is number one). About the diamondback: don’t sell yet, it will grow on you
Indeed, I’am liking it more and more. Especialy after swapping the handle for a lighter and more balanced one.

The Razorock (if it concerns the Gamechanger 0.84) and the Paradigm 17-4 are in my opinion difficult and on the other hand easy to compare.

Although they both shave very comfortably but the efficiency of the 17-4 is just much higher.
The 17-4 does have a learning curve because of its weight and feel it took me about 10 shaves to get the hang of it but then you have a great razor in your hands.

The 17-4 is in my opinion the best razor I have ever shaved with.

Actually in my opinion the Paradigm Diamondback is more suitable for a comparison with the Razorock.
The Diamondback is slightly less efficient than the 17-4 and also very comfortable.

Back