ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

french translation?

chti_lolo

Well-Known Member
While wandering over french forum
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
( straight razor club in english), I was thinking of a french translation of dilucot and unicot procedures. I could make them.
Some other french speaking members could verify the translation...
and it could be available on this website:) ....

So the more, the merrier????


Laurent
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
chti_lolo said:
While wandering over french forum
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
( straight razor club in english), I was thinking of a french translation of dilucot and unicot procedures. I could make them.
Some other french speaking members could verify the translation...
and it could be available on this website:) ....

So the more, the merrier????


Laurent

Laurent, I have been dreaming about something like this. My French isn't good enough to make the translations myself, nor to proofread for spelling errors, but it is good enough to proofread the technical correctness.

Time restraints prohibit me to more translations to Dutch than the just that one article about Unicot, but also that is high on the to-do list.

Thank you for the offer. If you need any additional support, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
geruchtemoaker said:
if you want I can try to translate to dutch
Thank you Stijn,

Please do. If you e-mail me the result, once ready, I'll see to it that it becomes published.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

BlueDun

Well-Known Member
Isn't it funny that one sometimes needs someone else to put his attention to the obvious ...?

So I'll go for the german translation (if desired and nobody wants to appeal, of course ...;) )
 

decraew

Well-Known Member
I had already proposed to proofread Chti-lo's version in french (will be done together with my spouse who did french/spanish language studies). But Stijn, if you need a proofreader for the Dutch version, let me know. Although Bart of course could do that as well, I think he has even less time than you & I.

Mind, people, this will, aside from the first investment, require periodic updating each time the text changes !
 

geruchtemoaker

Well-Known Member
decraew said:
I had already proposed to proofread Chti-lo's version in french (will be done together with my spouse who did french/spanish language studies). But Stijn, if you need a proofreader for the Dutch version, let me know. Although Bart of course could do that as well, I think he has even less time than you & I.

Mind, people, this will, aside from the first investment, require periodic updating each time the text changes !
if you're up to it i would really appreciate it.:thumbup:
I agree on the time bart has

cheers
Stijn
 

chti_lolo

Well-Known Member
So I will make soon a french translation of unicot then dilucot procedures and decraew will be my proof reader.
And finally,Bart will review the technical details :thumbup:

I propose to put the translation in a word file.


Laurent
 

decraew

Well-Known Member
I think word is ok since everyone and his neighbour have it on their PCs.
Bart, is there some Word source text for your English originals ?
 
G

Guest

Not everybody has Word on their computers. I suggest we use the open document format produced by
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. It's free, vastly more powerful (and useful) for web publishing, and capable of producing sensible export formats like HTML (real, not the Word crap you need to filter thoroughly before use) or Wiki code.

In a squeeze, OOO will import Word, of course. Oh, and I can do the German translation :)

Regards,
Robin
 

geruchtemoaker

Well-Known Member
decraew said:
I think word is ok since everyone and his neighbour have it on their PCs.
Bart, is there some Word source text for your English originals ?
I hope you're ready the translation is on his way:rolleyes:
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
BeBerlin said:
Not everybody has Word on their computers. I suggest we use the open document format produced by
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. It's free, vastly more powerful (and useful) for web publishing, and capable of producing sensible export formats like HTML (real, not the Word crap you need to filter thoroughly before use) or Wiki code.

In a squeeze, OOO will import Word, of course. Oh, and I can do the German translation :)

Regards,
Robin

OOO rocks unless you have to use it for work. For applications like this, I'd 100% prefer that route. Unfortunately, I don't even speak English well enough to translate anything. Thus, I'm cheering you guys on from the sidelines :blush:
 
G

Guest

richmondesi said:
OOO rocks unless you have to use it for work.
I just finished a major project for the Ministry of the Interior using OOO, and it worked very well. Very, very well. And that project included the use of word processor, spreadsheet, presentation and database programmes. But let's not digress.
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
BeBerlin said:
richmondesi said:
OOO rocks unless you have to use it for work.
I just finished a major project for the Ministry of the Interior using OOO, and it worked very well. Very, very well. And that project included the use of word processor, spreadsheet, presentation and database programmes. But let's not digress.

That's because the Ministry of the Interior doesn't worship at the altar of Microsoft, most likely. :p

But I digress :D
 

chti_lolo

Well-Known Member
I gave up the resistance against Microsoft Office a long time ago in my job:blush: . It took me too much energy. Goodbye LateX, StarOffice....
So if decraew has Word and Bart can import it...

By the way, I have begun the translation of UNICOT procedure and I might deliver a first shot to decraew very soon.

As there is no particular layout in unicot procedure, we can work in txt format too.

Laurent
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
I personally hate word-processors, and usually transfer texts a soon as I can to Adobe Indesign. For my own writing I use the text editor of Ventura Publisher, a DTP program that dates back to 1996, and has the best text editor ever. If I can't use that for some reason, I rely on Wordpad.
But you're all free to use whatever you like best, as I don't care about that, as long as I can use what I like best.:)
To transfer the text of the sharpening academy articles, just select, copy and paste.
If possible, deliver the translation in a plain text format.

In the mean time, I will try to get Contao's multiple language features figured out.

This is great. I thank you all for helping out with this.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 
G

Guest

Here is the German UniCot translation:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. Properly formatted, and including the necessary images. For PDF conversion and all that.
 

Bart

Well-Known Member
Thank you Robin. I am sure that the spelling will be flawless, and I will give it a quick "technical" proofread, before putting it in the Sharpening Academy.

Kind regards,
Bart.
 

decraew

Well-Known Member
BlueDun said:
Isn't it funny that one sometimes needs someone else to put his attention to the obvious ...?

So I'll go for the german translation (if desired and nobody wants to appeal, of course ...;) )

Someone beat you to it :p
 

decraew

Well-Known Member
chti_lolo said:
Goodbye LateX, StarOffice....
So if decraew has Word and Bart can import it...

Whoa Chti_lolo ... you've actually used LateX !!!
I used it too (a loooooong time ago) to write my endpaper at uni.
Are you an academic ??

Since as of this evening I'll have a new PC with a much larger disk I'll install OOO as well.
I've never bothered before because most stuff I do in Office is for my job and I've always worried about compatibilities (I'm heavy duty excel user).
 
Top