ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Go directly to the last post

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

A question: is there a possibility to change a setting somewhere that immediately shows you the first unseen post when you open a thread.?

I don’t think that is an option, it works automatically like that for me. Opening a thread takes me either to the first unread post, or, if there are no unread posts, to the thread starter.

If I open a wire like for example at the moment "Shave of the day" you can see that there are 5 pages at the moment but I get to see the first page.

So then I see 1 2 3 4 5 > and nowhere an entry goes to the last unseen post.

Do I have to press 5 and then end up at the top of this page after which I have to scroll to get to that post that I haven't read yet.

I find this a rather cumbersome way to get to the first unread post.

For me, it functions, when i click on a link to a thread that i have read before, it takes me to the first unread post there is. The one time it failed was when somehow auto-login had not worked, and i was directed to page 1, post 1.

Hmm i do not know if i describe this best:
When i go to the Forum list, and select a post thread coloured blue (new posts?) it takes me to the last read post +1, when the line is grey (no new posts?) it takes me to the first post on page one, is this correct?

This is the way I meant it, but because of your remark, I now realize that this is the difference.

For me it would work better if you are always (whether the wire is blue or gray colored) led to the last read / first unread post.

This is the way I meant it, but because of your remark, I now realize that this is the difference.

For me it would work better if you are always (whether the wire is blue or gray colored) led to the last read / first unread post.
I agree, it was confusing until i realised what was happening. Maybe it can be adjusted?

So it took you all nine posts to discover what I already wrote in the very first answer to the question. Tsk. :Eek
:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back