ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Jan. 12th 2020 - Jan. 18th 2020

J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm,
Martin de Candre Vetiver,
Gem Damascene,
Gem Personna Pfte 8th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Seinz. After Shave Balsam,
Loris E-113 Hermes Terry.

SOTD_20200113.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm and Martin de Candre Vetiver:
This morning my 2nd sample MDC beaten up with the J&T® Bamboo Tuxedo Syntheet 24mm. The Martin de Candre Vetiver is again a technically perfect soap that foams and shaves well. The smell is not my thing. It doesn't smell wrong, but there's a stale smell of wood, which I also detested from cedar soaps. I've grown over it and like cedar, but this vetiver isn't really what I like. Use it up and maybe I' ll discover other nuances, but I'm a bit more of a fan of the fresh sweet smells, or the sizzling menthol smell.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte used for the 8th x.
The Gem Personna Pfte keeps on shaving at a moderate pace, so turn 8 is just as much as 7, but not a superlative. The Gem Damaskeene is one of the best razors of its kind and lets the Gem Personna Pfte blade do its job.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Finished with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Seinz. After Shave Balsam and Loris E-113 Hermes Terry. Yet again very pleasant.

Razor: REX Ambassador
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bow: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Barbon Shaving Cream
Brush: AP Shave Co 24 mm Tuxedo Winterhandle
Aftershave:Di Barba Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

4205B9EF-8B96-4939-98BB-0B252099F4CD.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Mama Bears - Autumn Afternoon
Lutz Slant
Treet Dura Sharp (2)
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Formula Extra + Emulsion

The duty of Mama Bears is that the scents mostly are very strong. That is absolutely the case for the Autumn Afternoon (with wrong label). A nice scent of damp wood. Have a good day!

20200114_075554.jpg

Le Grelot | Yaqi Sagrada Familia | D.R. Harris Windsor | Floïd | Myrsol Emulsion

Yaqi performed well, but is a bit floppy. The Grelot still isn't where I want it after some more honing. This razor is giving me a hard time. It's smooth, but not sharp enough.

Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm,
D.R. Harris Lavender,
Gem Micromatic Bullet tip,
Gem Personna Pfte 9th x,
Rebul Lavanda,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande.

SOTD_20200114.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and D.R. Harris Lavender:
One of my favorite flowers did it again this morning. The Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm horse galloped well through the D.R. Harris Lavender, which yielded a nice load for a nice moist foam. That Harris has such a nice smell, I wonder which one is even better. You call it.
Blade and scraper:
The Gem Personna Pfte used for the 9th x.
Although I had my doubts about the blade a few times ago this was already the 9th with this Gem Personna Pfte. Tomorrow again and he can go to the old iron. Not so bad again. The Gem Micromatic Bullet-tip is one of the tamest in the range. With it you can shave stupidly and without damage. The Gem Personna Pfte even lives up to it. Nice razor.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Once again good in the flowers with the Rebul Lavanda, Weleda Aftershave Balsam, L.T. Piver lotion Lavande and as final touch Panier & Sens Lavanda EdT to fix the scent once more.

Yaqi synthetic brush
Wilkinson shaving stick grated in a bowl
Turkish shaving bowl
Unmarked vintage slant
Derby extra #1
Vdh alum
Witch hazel
Biocura vibrant green, vdh balsem

Not a bad shave at all from the Derby extra. Intent to use it four times before switching.

600D7981-CD0B-490B-ADAA-C36BF7F10D91.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Balea Rasieröl
Shaving Soap: GEO.F. Trumper’s Violet

After Shave: Alpa

Shaving Brush: Semoque 24mm. 2 band

DE-Razor: Mulcuto Nadelspitzen slant
DE- Blade: Voskhod 1x

In my annual shaving reports it appears that I shaved 8 times with a Voskhod blade for the last time in 2018.

And mij memory of this blade was not good, so last year with every purchase of soap one batch was added for free and the last packets were given to @efsk

I still had an open package and throwing it away isn't good either so I thought I'd put another one in my best shaving slant and put it in the Nadelspitzen.

Got me a lovely shaving combination that does its job softly and effectively, the surprises in blades are still a long way off. :eek:

Last edited:
Razor: REX Ambassador
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bow: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Barbon Shaving Cream
Brush: AP Shave Co 24 mm Tuxedo Winterhandle
Aftershave: Di Barba Alum
Aftershave: None
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

image.jpg

i like the concept of a shaving stick. Hard to find this one in the Netherlands and found it in vitaminewebshop.

unfortunately this one dries my skin. Any better ones in the market?

Pleasent surprise is this Lord blade. One of the better ones I have used.

Have a good day!

Back