ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

July 5th to July 11th

Harkos

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Razor Master Ari (Pine),
Gillette Tech Fat Handle,
Astra Superior Platinium 2e x,
Pino Silvestre Aftershave Vapo Naturel,
Pino Silvestre Moisturizing & Lenitiv After Shave Balm.

SOTD_202000705.jpg

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Proraso green,
Rockwell 6C Gunmetal @5 on Blackbird handle,
Derby Premium (1),
Axe Dark Temptation.

IMG_20200705_102558.jpg

First time for the Derby Premium; not bad, not spectacular.

Have a nice Sunday!

SOTD 20200705.
A2WGjxT.jpg

Noxzema "Protective Shave" (pre-).
Vintage brush / Maggard synth.
Castle Forbes "Lavender Essential Oil" shaving cream (sample).
Kon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Schick Platinum (NOS) (4).
Noxzema "Protective Shave" (after-).
Tihanyi "Levendula" EdP.

34562B21-C57F-49C2-98F7-D6E000E6EA2D.jpeg

Pre-Shave: TOBS
Shaving Soap/cream: Portus Cale Citrus, Ceder & Amber

Shaving Brush: Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre XL

DE-Razor: Razorock Mamba
DE-Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux 2x

Aftershave balm: Portus Cale
Eau de Toilette: Portus Cale

The Mambo 0.7 (modified Tjebbe ;)) used for the second time. Am I madly excited no, why not now everyone will be wondering?

Well it shaves very comfortably only the efficiency is way too low for me or I think it shaves way too mildly.

Let's say that in terms of comfort it's reminiscent of the Gamechanger 0.84 only it's much more efficient.

One question to everyone due to private circumstances I am not able to follow the Grand Prix live this afternoon. :eek:
Doesn't anyone here want to betray the results otherwise there's so little point in watching the recordings tonight. :kommnurher1

SOTD 05.07.2020
Pre shave : Osma preshave oil
Soap: Cella crema da barba all'olio di mandorla
Brush : Omega 48
Razor: Ements Sheffield 6/8
Bowl: The goodfellas' smile
AS: Floid The Genuine
2020-07-05-11-04-52.jpg

AP Shave Co Synbad 30mm
Mama Bears - Elements of Bamboo
Rex Envoy
Voskhod (2)
Humprey’s Pure Organic
Myrsol Don Carlos 1972 + Emulsion

The post shave feeling of this soap is one of the best! Many of the nowadays hyped soaps by far don’t reach that!

E1FAB333-33FD-42B1-81B7-D9B986A51CA5.jpeg

Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm,
Dead Sea Shave - Tempest,
Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (metal),
Astra Superior Platinium 3rd x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Mennen Baume Energisant,
Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve.

SOTD_202000706.jpg

Brush and soap:
Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm and Dead Sea Shave - Tempest:
If you like a tight brush that brushes nicely into the face with firm foam, then this Oumo Brush LE 095/102 / silk HMW gel tip 26 mm is absolutely not your thing. No, this brush has a certain class, which can only be experienced if you want to rub a lot of foam on your head and then shave the entire head with plenty of strokes. Let that just be my approach and so I'm quite happy with this Oumo, which I received, because the previous owner (Jan Zoethout) didn't like this type of tie at all. The brush makes the Dead Sea Shave - Tempest a nice full foam. It disappears completely in the bun, but then I have enough to soak myself 3 times.
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior Platinium for the 3rd time used.
The Astra Superior Platinium is the 3rd x better than the previous 2. Clearly a case of running in. I found these blades for little on the Albert Cuyp in Amsterdam. Read somewhere, that the new batches were experienced as less than the older ones. Well judging from the packaging (the overbox) this is a newer one, compared to the others I have. I don't experience any difference, the older blades of this kind always had to catch up as well. This morning I was smooth again. Decisive for this result was finally the Mulcuto Schrägschnitt (metal), that really allows the Astra Superior Platinium to pass through the beard accurately to the skin. You guessed it, a successful shave again.
Result: BBS.
Finally: this party ended with Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Mennen Baume Energisant and Pinaud-Clubman Special Reserve. Well what else can I say about it. Just fine!

SOTD 20200706.
0J83QPS.jpg

Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (pre-).
OUMO Brush LE brush 087/102 / 4th SYN knot.
TDS "Cream: lavender wood-resinous" shaving soap.
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-C / custom handle.
Schick Platinum (NOS) (5).
Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balm (after-).
Tihanyi "Levendula" EdP.

Proraso white preshave
M-keramiek scuttle
Frank shaving G-4 brush
Speick shaving stick
Universal shavette + Lord classic
Vdh alum
Humphrey's cucumber mellon witch hazel
Pitralon classic AS, isana ultrasensitive balsem

I misser a spot here and there but not bad. The weather in the Netherlands has been quite grey the last data. It almost did me reach to the Tabac. In the end I could restrain myself. I'm trying to finish the speick. It is still not gone. Finished with a lot of pitralon. The advantage of having to work from home.

Back