ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Le Coq

Hellas

Blade Whisperer
Since these pretty French cocks have not yet been introduced, I will start with an adjustable Le Coq - Licence Palmer:

The adjustment mechanism to adjust the blade gap is as simple as effective: The blade is simply pushed upwards by the spring when the adjusting knob is turned to the left at the bottom and "retracted" together with the head plate by turning to the right. All in all, the razor shaves very gently but effectively. But I had set it to 5+. Thats why the razor now has a new home.

LeCoq5.JPG
LeCoq6.JPG
LeCoq8.JPG
LeCoq9.JPG

Le Coq also produced a lathercatcher DE. Unlike the Famex and RazVite "cage-razors", this was not a cage intended to supply adjustability.
This is an aggressive razor.
DSC07597.JPG
DSC07598.JPG
DSC07599.JPG
DSC07600.JPG
DSC07601.JPG
DSC07602.JPG
DSC07604.JPG
DSC07605.JPG

Thanks a lot Richard!

Seems my acquisition is the same model as the fine razor in the OP. And now somebody even suggestd to me that this specific model may even be plated brass and not zamak?!?! That would be a joy. But can anyone either confirm or the opposite?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Reactions: ehv
I believe the razor at the top (mine, these days) is the non-Zamac one. Post #3 shows a side by side of the Zamac and non-Zamac razors, where the Zamac is not license Palmer.
I'm not by definition anti-Zamac btw. Zamac is produced in five or six different qualities, and most of the time, for razors the good stuff is used. For a short period the bad stuff was used, and that is where Zamac got its bad rep. The good stuff is still used in cars, in the US.

Recently I received my second Le Coq Réglable, License Palmer. I now have a brass and a zamac one. Brass left, Zamac right.
DSC04102.JPG
DSC04103.JPG
DSC04104.JPG
DSC04105.JPG
DSC04106.JPG
DSC04107.JPG
DSC04108.JPG
DSC04109.JPG

Bottom of the baseplate. First brass, then zamac:
DSC04111.JPG
DSC04110.JPG

Back