ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Leresche

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
More on Leresche history later. First I'd like to show some :)
A Leresche model 34. Needs some more cleaning. Thin handle, longscrew OC razor.
DSC03102.JPG
DSC03103.JPG
DSC03105.JPG
DSC03106.JPG
DSC03107.JPG
DSC03108.JPG
DSC03109.JPG
DSC03110.JPG
DSC03112.JPG

Also a model 34, but this one is New in Box. Never opened. I like to call it my Schröedinger's Razor :) The last pic in the previous post shows both 34's together.
DSC01555.JPG
DSC01556.JPG
DSC01557.JPG
DSC01558.JPG
DSC01559.JPG
DSC01560.JPG

Hopefully when @efsk covers Leresche history, he will cover the Leresche 77. This has got to be the most unusual and scariest looking razor I own, although I am sure efsk has scarier and more unusual looking razors. ;)

This razor has the guard as part of the cap and the base plate only secures the blade. In addition, the guard has upward facing teeth that look like that giant shark in the movies. The most unusual part, though is that it is a medium to mild shaver and very comfortable.

l774.JPG
l775.JPG
l771.JPG
l772.JPG
l773.JPG

Indeed, a razor that looks dangerous.

It's still remarkable how many designs have been released in all those years and for us it's nice that you show them to us.

Same razor as above except it is cased and instead of chrome it is nickel. Unless it is silver and it has yellowed. Some platingissues near the top of the handle.
Last pic shows it next to the chrome one above.
DSC03288.JPG
DSC03289.JPG
DSC03290.JPG
DSC03293.JPG
DSC03294.JPG
DSC03295.JPG
DSC03296.JPG
DSC03297.JPG
DSC03298.JPG

a recent acquisition, asking to be shown here:
SAM_2317.JPG

Inside:
SAM_2318.JPG

A bit enlarged:
SAM_2319.JPG

It is a very nice travel set, Gillette old type style, but with a twist:
SAM_2322.JPG

The comb is obviously modified in the way that the teeth are flattened to give it more blade exposure.
The set is very nice, blade banks are marked Leresche, it still has a Leresche soap and brush:
SAM_2323.JPG
Did wander about the teeth, and found other leresche's in my collection with the same flattening:
SAM_2326.JPG
Btw, the travel set came with two different blades:
SAM_2325.JPG
And yes, I still need to shave with it...the flattened teeth make me curious though.

Attachments

• SAM_2324.JPG
    SAM_2324.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 6
Truly great set @FvL ! Never before saw a Leresche shaving stick. Also really nice how you documented the razors teeth, something I’ve never registered as special until now.

I used to own these two great condition sets. I really like Leresches for their mild shave, however they saw no use so I moved them on. I forget the set #’s but the one in the back has that awesome ‘double knurling’, wonderful.

Also, if you are into Leresches see this great website for model overviews - made by Cha-Wing!! - note that there is English translation also
https://lereschearchive.wixsite.com/old-school-stuff/leresche-archives

43C6422B-0698-44DF-B280-5A9A981A7CC1.jpeg

Very unusual handle on the bottom one. That one looks like three piece where most of the others were ones with the handle attached to the base plate.:daumenhoch

Back