ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Maravilla

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
Maravilla was a Spanish razormaker that made dualsided DE: one side was regular, the other side curved, actually frowning. I suspect Ssseygus got their inspiration for the Zeppelin, which is a frowning DE, here.
The razors shave rather good, even the curved side, and I've taken a liking to these nice little Curvada

DSC02706.JPG
DSC02707.JPG
DSC02708.JPG
DSC02709.JPG
DSC02710.JPG
DSC02712.JPG
DSC02713.JPG

One that came to me NOS, and hasn't been used yet because of the rather extreme twosided curvation. This seems to me to be more of an armpitrazor, which does not sound quite as elegant as the handle is.
The paperwork recommends Ibria razorblades. Last pic next to a Bohin to show scale.
DSC04196.JPG
DSC04197.JPG
DSC04199.JPG
DSC04200.JPG
DSC04202.JPG
DSC04203.JPG
DSC04204.JPG
DSC04205.JPG
DSC04206.JPG
DSC04207.JPG

I have this Miravilla - A Basculante, (which loosely means Pivot) with its Art Deco box. This head is not curved but like the Micrometrica that @efsk posted above, but the top cap can only go on one way because the posts are different. The spacing of these posts allow it to take standard DE blades.

Adjustment is the same as a Pacific or a Peroni, loosen the top section of the handle and change the angle of the head.

Maravilla Basculante.jpg

Back