ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 10th to May 16th

mhharsta

Smooth 2 round shave, Le Grelot 791 Athos, 5/8.
Vie Long horse brush
Acca Kappa white moss and Baume.be ASB
Enjoy the sunday!
36EB4860-5433-4AEA-B81B-0700AE376F95.jpeg

3P La Crema Prodigio,
J&T® Padouk finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng,
Proraso Red,
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Shapu Super Stainless 3rd x,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Loris So Oud.

SOTD_202000509.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng and Proraso Red:
The J&T® Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng makes effortlessly a fine foam of the Proraso Red. You don't get real froth from the Proraso, but you do get nice fat Bulgarian yoghurt-like stuff that allows a good shave.
Blade and razor:
The Shapu Super Stainless for the 3rd time used. That Shapu Super Stainless blade is a pleasure to use. In the bandwidth it's just not a top blade, but it's a very good shaving pleasure. The RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P will influence this, like with most blades, but the Shapu Super Stainless forms a nice combination with it, so it shaves well. Result BBS.
Finally: with Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Argan Ve Aloevera Özlü and Loris So Oud nice woody finish in line with the Proraso Red scent.
By now I've found that the preshave, 3P La Crema Prodigio, and the others at least keep the blades dirtier, there's more greasiness with beard residue in the razor, since I've been experimenting with it.

Razor: Raw Shaving RS-10 mild (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Hawkins & Brimble sShaving Cream (UK)
Brush: AP Shave CO 30mm Cashmere Winterhandle (Canada)
Aftershave: No Alum
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Gibbs 15 (Aluminium) / Minora
Rubberset 400 / Silvertip SHD Fan
Arko
Prep

This head was a repair job and will be going back to its owner once our lockdown is over.
The adjustment dial, handle and twist knob are new.
SOTD200510.jpg

Sunday... Mother's Day... hard time this year for some who can't visit their mother. Make the best of it today.

Sunday... shave. No open blade this time, but once again the Wilkison with the loose wedges... Sunday, of course.
Time back when I used this set... was for sale for a while, but there was no interest, it's back in the drawer.
Good shave with this stuff, just as smooth as with an open blade. Along with a synthetic brush full of soap it did what it was supposed to do...
Wilkison SE+ sunday wedge.
Synthetic brush.
Stirling Wintergreen.
Alum
Bleu the Chanel.
20200510_130814.jpg

B985C6DA-AE36-4456-A53D-E748A470E671.jpeg

Pre-Shave: 3P

Shaving Soap/cream: Abbate Y La Mantia Isacco
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander

DE-Razor: IKon B1
DE-Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless 4x

Aftershave: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Stirling menthol unscented

A late shave because I'm expected somewhere early tomorrow morning.

This afternoon a soap exchange with Jaap and this soap is a top, I may say.

Razor: Raw Shaving RS-10 mild (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Hawkins & Brimble sShaving Cream (UK)
Brush: AP Shave CO 30mm Cashmere Winterhandle (Canada)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Noxzema Protective Shave,
Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm,
Plantes&Parfums Provence Eau du Ventoux Savon à Barbe,
Souplex OC,
Shapu Super Stainless 4e x,
L.T. Piver lotion Lavande,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Panier & Sens Lavanda EdT.

SOTD_202000511.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm and Plantes&Parfums Provence Eau du Ventoux Savon à Barbe:
Nicely applied layer of Noxzema Protective Shave to soak the beard. Then smeared with the Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm foam of the Plantes&Parfums Provence Eau du Ventoux Savon à Barbe and then shaving.
Blade and razor:
The Shapu Super Stainless for the 4th x used. The Shapu Super Stainless was good again. Good cut and no angular sensitivity. This reasonably unknown blade is really not unpleasant to use! Souplex OC head screwed a Maggard stem and with Shapu Super Stainless in it, I had an effective and basal shaving combination. You feel exactly what you're doing and that's good. Beautifully smooth. Result BBS.
Finally: the Provencal atmosphere kept on it with a splash of Rebul Lavanda, which refreshes nicely. Then some L.T. Piver lotion Lavande, because it smells so good. Care with the Weleda Aftershave Balsam and a longer lasting lavender smell with the Panier & Sens Lavanda EdT. I almost feel like I'm back in South French mood when I'm not looking outside....

Back