ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 24th to May30

Razor: Timeless Aluminum 0.45 (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit (UK)
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Cashmere Black handle (Canada)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

View attachment 16047

Pre-Shave: Blackbeards Revenge

Shaving Soap/cream: GEO.F. Trumper Violet
Shaving Brush: J&T Padoek finest 2-band badger Virginia Sheng

DE-Razor: Razorock Gamechanger SB 0,84
DE-Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword 3x

Aftershave: Weleda
Aftershave balm: Speick

Remnants today so the Weleda, Speick and pre-shave on the last legs were allowed to rejoin.
That brush looks familiar, Riccardo ! Good brush ?

Reactions: ehv
Prep Skin Protective Cream,
LiJüN silvertip 3 band,
Stirling Sail,
Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.68,
Gillette Platinum 6th x,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio .

SOTD_202000526.jpg

Brush and soap:
LiJüN silvertip 3 band and Stirling Varen:
It's starting to look like I've made it a bit of a habit to apply some preshave before the foaming. Today the Prep Skin Protective Cream. Just wonder if it really helps, because I sometimes think that it makes my skin more sensitive, because I have to use alum more regularly to stop a leak. Then this morning after prepping I used the LiJüN silvertip 3 band to beat a nice firm foam from the Stirling Varen. This soap is in my opinion a firm and successful fougère fragrance with the famous Stirling shaving quality.
Blade and razor:
The Gillette Platinum for the 6th x used. The blade is surprisingly good in already the 6th turn. This Gillette Platinum is beginning to become more and more valuable to me. It's still not the ultimate top blade for me, but it's certainly in the bandwidth of this kind! The question is of course how constant the quality is, because this is the 1st blade from the 1st box, but the acquaintance is certainly good. In the Timeless Solid Bar scalloped 0.68 it's fine to shave with the Gillette Platinum. Because of the weight of the razor, I really have to make sure that there is no pressure, but then it's also a lovely soft shave. And here comes the question: is my preshave too soft? Or does that possibly have to do with aging of the skin? Interesting to find out, but doesn't in any way detract from the pleasant blade. Result BBS.
Finally: no eau de cologne today. Everything feels clean and fresh enough, so apply Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion and some extra fougere from the Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio.

SOTD 20200526.
mWo1pkF.jpg

Depot "No. 402" pre & post shave balsem.
Custom "Bethlehem" handle / Mühle silver tip fibre knot.
T.O.B.S. "Royal Forest" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Voskhod Teflon (4).
Figaro after shave eau de toilette gel lotion.
Loris "E-13" EdP (== Creed Aventus).

Pre shave: OSMA pre shave oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Brush: Omega Boar brush
Razor: Gevoso Solingen 13/16
AS: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition
2020-05-26-09-19-20.jpg

7466B3E4-5B92-4112-A234-3B4AB0D8939A.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Blackbeards Revenge

Shaving Soap/cream: Lea Classic
Shaving Brush: Yagi 26 mm. Tuxedo

DE-Razor: Razorock Gamechanger SB 0,84
DE-Blade: Treet Dura Sharp 1x

Aftershave: Weleda
Aftershave balm: Speick

The skin is somewhat calm after weeks of being irritated so for the first time tried the Treet Dura Sharp.

A smooth introduction, I may say, but for a correct judgement the skin must be completely calm.

Some things that I want to empty as soon as possible always last longer than I thought.

Good Evening Gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • Alvarez Gomez Barberia
  • Semogue Torga-C5 finest
  • Mug from Crete
  • Rex Ambassador
  • Gillette Bleu Extra #2
  • Hellas Lemon ASL
BAF823AC-D731-4475-97B9-E81A910A4E7D.jpeg

Could be his bathroom !

@efsk is right again..I mixed it in the kitchen, but @jaap ouderwets scheren is also right. Now it’s in my bathroom. But as it is nearly empty, I already mixed again yesterday.. in the kitchenteufel_lachend

Good Evening Gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • Alvarez Gomez Barberia
  • Semogue Torga-C5 finest
  • Mug from Crete
  • Rex Ambassador
  • Gillette Bleu Extra #2
  • Hellas Lemon ASL
View attachment 16069

@efsk is right again..I mixed it in the kitchen, but @jaap ouderwets scheren is also right. Now it’s in my bathroom. But as it is nearly empty, I already mixed again yesterday.. in the kitchenteufel_lachend
And than you use it in the bathroom again !!
So , its a home made AS ?

Back