ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Nov. 17th - Nov. 23th 2019

67C2D900-952E-44A3-B5A5-72118A0C0A58.jpeg

Every once in a while you have one of those shaves when everything comes together.
Great scent, lather, razor, great result. One little thing though. The brush......I have got a love hate relationship with it. Its an Ace 24mm silvertip. Although I love the feel of it and it creates a lather easily, I hate it how it eats the lather. But still a great shave.

Razor: FaTip Grande
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Prep
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: BeecosmeticsGR Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Silksmoke Black handle
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien X-Bolt
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave Balsem
EDT: G Bellini NO1

The FaTip is one of my favorite shavers

J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad,
Mühle Sandelholz,
Merkur 38C HD Long Handle Barber Pole,
Perma-Sharp Super 6th x,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Loris So Oud.

Untitled.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad and Mühle Sandelholz:
A woody morning, delicious sandalwood. With the J&T® Marble Wood APShaveCo SynBad, the last remaining Mühle Sandelholz is whipped up into a beautiful foam... The Mühle soaps are fine, but this one can be removed from the rotation, because there is now also a Finnish sandalwood soap on its way.
Blade and razor:
The Perma-Sharp Super for the 6th x used.
The Perma-Sharp Super has disappeared into the piggy bank. 6x was really enough for this blade. I read enthusiastic stories about these blades on a regular basis. I can shave reasonably well with them, but I don't find them that special. In the tame Merkur 38C HD Long Handle Barber Pole this Perma-Sharp Super was not able to make the back of my head bare and I had to take the Schick Injector. That usually goes better. Reasonable blade, so the Perma-Sharps, but I don't need to stock.
Result: BBS.
Finally: spray with Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS, smear with TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB and another puff of Loris So Oud will keep the wood cent up for a while.

392716CE-6A99-49BB-B92C-3479A865A42E.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Vitos Menthol
Shaving Soap: TFS Sottozero Forte
After Shave: Proraso green
After Shave Balm : Proraso green

Shaving Brush: Proraso

DE-Razor: iKon 102
DE- Blade: Gillette Nacet

It was high time to start the day fresh with a menthol bath.
And it was a real treat with all that wonderfully cool shaving stuff. :daumenhoch

SOTD Tuesday 19 November 2019

Prep: Cold water + Proraso Pre-shave
Razor : Koraat "Golden Beauty"
Shaving Brush : Leonidam Molten Sapphire
Shaving soap: Barrister and Mann Lyssa
After-shave: Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)
aaZzb3Z.jpg

Razor: FaTip Grande
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Prep
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: BeecosmeticsGR Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Silksmoke Black handle
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien X-Bolt
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave Balsem
EDT: G Bellini NO1

Yesterday's evening shave

Prep
M-keramiek scuttle
Omega boar brush
Cella shaving soap
EM Gustafson swedish frameback
Vdh alum
Thayer's witch hazel
Pitralon pure, balea ultrasensitive balsem

The straight razor is very underwhelming in appearance. In fact it is a thin sheet of metal with a round tube as spine.

I have managed it to hone it shave ready. It actually shaves fine.

IMG_20191119_212712705_HDR.jpg

Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo,
Speick Active Rasiercreme,
Above The Tie S2,
Saddle Stainless Blades 1st x,
Pinaud-Clubman Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-012 Attitude.

SOTD_20191120.jpg

Brush and soap:
Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo and Speick Active Rasiercreme:
With the Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo it's a very nice thing to get a nice foam from the Speick Active Rasiercreme. That stuff only needs to see water and it makes a nice creamy foam. Whipped up in my Polish bowl it was again very good. Nice scent, soft for the skin and hard for the hair. A little cream gives an abundance of foam.
Blade and razor:
The Saddle Stainless Blades for the 1st time used.
I got some time ago from a shaving friend some Saddle Stainless Blades to try and describe. This was the second blade I used. Turn 1 feels very effective. Got to shave really quietly. Looking back the previous blade lasted 5 turns. Good result at the time, but on the edge of raw. Turns out to be the same with this 2nd blade. Well, the Above The Tie S2 puts these Saddle Stainless Blades also effective on the skin, but at the same time also with a good cut.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Soften the whole thing with Pinaud-Clubman Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne and Weleda Aftershave Balsam. The Loris E-012 Attitude could leave a nice scent behind, fresh and also somewhat spicy (Lemon, coffee, cardamom, lavender, cedar and patchouli).
Good start.

SOTD Wednesday 20 November 2019

Prep: Cold water + Proraso Pre-shave
Razor : Koraat "Golden Beauty"
Shaving Brush : Morris & Forndarn Style 3 Ocean Mist Acrylic (26 mm Finest Badger)
Shaving soap: Noble Otter Jungle Warrior
After-shave: Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)

WPoO5cr.jpg

B7597DCF-BE59-4D12-94EC-B3553A8BBDF0.jpeg

Pre-Shave: DR. K Peppermint oil
Shaving Soap: Mythos Relva Rosemary & Lemongrass & Tea Tree
After Shave: Weleda
After Shave Balm : Weleda

Shaving Brush: J&T Notenhout OUMO 30 mm. Fan SHD HMW Silvertip gel tip

DE-Razor: iKon 102
DE- Blade: Gillette Nacet

It was hard, gentlemen, what did I say? I was almost unfeasible.
Yesterday I received a lot of beautiful Shaving soaps that all scented beautifully and that had to be chosen for this morning.

The choice fell on the Mythos Relva Rosemary & Lemongrass & Tea Tree because this is the first time I have a Brazilian shaving soap.

And what a wonderful fresh scent that also stayed nicely upright in the lather, just great.

And the shaving properties are great too. Look what's in it: beef and goat fat, Aloe Vera, lanolin, olive oil etc. Etc.

It will be clear that this was a fantastic first acquaintance that I really liked. :daumenhoch

Back