ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Nov. 24th - Nov. 30th 2019

Pre-Shave: Prep
Shaving Soap: WCS Pear-Brrrr Shoppe
After Shave: Williams Fresh Control

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip 2 Badger

DE-Razor: ATT S1
DE- Blade: Treet Carbon Black Beauty

It's suddenly there that new shaving soap or cream that has a positive effect on your mood soap from the moment you open the jar until well after the shave.

The West Coast Shaving Pear-Brrrrrr Shoppe is a fine example of this.
A very different but so delicious barbershop smell in which clearly the fresh not too sweet smell of pears is noticeable.

Then there is also a very slight menthol cooling that makes the skin feel fresh during the shave.

Also the shaving properties are more than Excellent so a soap that comes high in the ranking. :yes_nicken

The ATT S1 with a Treet Carbon Black Beauty knife joined in cheerfully because this is a fantastic combination.
I really like the smell of this soap !

78164A53-F38D-4902-ABCA-7F521C47235A.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
Mama Bears - Bonsai
Blackland Dart
Treet Dura Sharp
Humprey’s Astringent
Myrsol Don Carlos 1972 + Emulsion

A very close shave but the aftershave Splash caused a lot of tingling on the face. The Dart is a razor that asks for carefull using of it. Have a good day!

Razor: FaTip Grande OC Gold
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger Inox
Soap: Caola Shaving Cream
Brush: Rossmann Badger
Aftershave: Vergulde Hand Alum
Aftershave: DM Fresh After Shave
Aftershave: DM Q10 Energy After Shave Balsem
EDT: None

The FaTip performed well again. Even with a budget shave the results can be good.

Balea rasieröl
Yaqi synthetic brush
Speick shaving stick
Merkur 37c + rapira pl (7x)
Thayer's witch hazel
Reuzel AS, vergulde hand aftershave balsem (the old one in the yellow tube)

The rapira moved to the blade bank. I guess I could have gotten another shave out of it, but it is time to move on.

078C62EE-DD71-471B-B716-534DB93A1E9F.jpeg

Pre-Shave: DR K Peppermint oil
Shaving Soap: Men- Ü
After Shave: Proraso Green
After Shave Balm : Prep

Shaving Brush: Proraso

DE-Razor: ATT S1
DE- Blade: Treet Carbon Black Beauty 2x

In spite of the bad weather with rain and dark skies, a peppermint shaving cream was removed from the drawer.
And for the fans there is also a few menthol pearls in it so the connoisseurs know enough it was delicious.

And if the finish is also in the hands of the Prep balm with that delicious smell then you are a very satisfied shaver.

Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm,
TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) Sandalwood,
Fatip Piccolo Special Edition (OC),
Sharp Durablade HI Chromium 2nd x,
Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS,
TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB,
Loris So Oud.

SOTD_20191126.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm and TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) Sandalwood:
The theme this morning was again wood, sandalwood.
The Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse Hair "Fan Shape" 27mm was allowed by TOBS (Taylor of Old Bond Street) to make Sandalwood beautiful scented foam. That went effortlessly in the Polish bowl.
Blade and razor:
The Sharp Durablade HI Chromium for the 2nd time used.
The blade did a very nice job. The Sharp Durablade HI Chromium feels sharp and soft. In the Fatip Piccolo Special Edition (OC), the Sharp Durablade HI Chromium is not too obtrusive and I can shave myself foolprove.
Result: BBS.
Finally: First a shot of Turkish edc, then finish with Proraso Con Olio di Sandalo AS and the TFS Crazy Sandalwood ASB. Loris So Oud is one of the tastiest fragrances in this range. Nice again.

SOTD Tuesday 26 November 2019

Prep: Cold water + Proraso Pre-shave
Brush: Morris&Forndarn Style 3 Ocean Mist Acrylic (26mm Finest Badger)
Razor : Koraat "Golden Beauty"
Soap: Noble Otter Jungle Warrior
Post: Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)
T4jY8yS.jpg

:flucht1:flucht1:flucht1SOTD .

Warm Polish scutlle .

Gem Micromatic OC .

Gem Personna blade ( 4 ) .

G&A Artisan Shaving Soap " Finlandia ".

G&A Synthetic Brush ( Verry soft , but good ) .

Lidl Soap spoon .

G&A Finlandia AS .

3 Passes with a lot of noise , because the Micromatic goes like a old tractor !

Old , but amazing good .

Clean , BBS , and happy with a great shave .

P.S. And of course no Menthol , Eucalyptes , and other strange smell ! :flucht1:flucht1

Attachments

• 20191126_190809.jpg
    20191126_190809.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 14
Declaration Grooming Washington B3 Nebula
TFS - Ginestra di Taormina
Maravilla - Metal case brown cushion
Wyzamet - Iridium Super (2)
Alum

Not the best or most comfortable of my Maravilla's which led to some spots under the chin. Stopped after the second pass. That was pity, as I had loads and loads of superior lather left in this tremendous brush.

I usually do not post in the SOTD section, however tonight's shave was worth reporting on. I returned just about a week ago from a two week vacation. During that time, my only razor was a Gillette Guard, which was perfect for giving me a very fast and efficient DFS, but far from a perfect shave. Upon returning, I received the Paradigm Diamondback in the mail and have been getting to know that razor along with reaching for the other razors I already had in my rotation. Tonight is Tuesday which means I shave with a slant. It also means that the only soap I use on Tuesday is my Dutch Barbershop new formula Bergamot. My slant for the night was my ATT S1 which was mounted on my Hawaii Curly Koa handle. My brush was a two band 24mm Fan knot from Viking Shaving (which I am still trying to break in), and my AS was my Hawaiian Shaving Co. Pepamina 'Alani (Peppermint Orange). Best shave I had since returning. :daumenhoch

DSC02978.JPG

Back