ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

September 27th - OCtober 3rd

Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm,
Bomb Dead Sea Salt Soap,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 8th x,
Alcolado Glacial,
Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion,
Loris E-048 Cool Water.

SOTD_20201002.jpg

Brush and soap:
Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm and Bomb Dead Sea Salt Soap:
This morning the Mühle Silvertip Fibre® 21mm foamed up yesterday's purchased Bomb Dead Sea Salt Soap. This is a glycerine soap with quite a bit of salt in it. The smell isn't very strong, but it is nice Aquatic or Oceanic or something like that. You can also call it a fresh barbershop smell, but anyway in that corner. This soap foams well and shaves well too, technically similar to Mama Bear for me. Not bad for what I paid for it. At home, I' just put it in a suitable box and then it's okay again.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte used for the 8th x.
With the Gem Personna Pfte there' s nothing wrong with this 8th x. It's noticeable that it's not a new one anymore, but it's still a good cut. The combination Gem G Bar and Gem Personna Pfte I have already praised enough. This morning again similarly good, nicely shaved.
Result: BBS.
Finally: in the absence of something really appropriate with the soap here in the shack just chilled with Alcolado Glacial, taken care of with Vivo Per Lei Hyacinth Hand & Body Lotion and a nice matching scent of the Loris E-048 Cool Water.
Meanwhile arrived in Dockweiler in the Eifel. Well, a few more days here and then my shaving sky will open again. Nevertheless, with finally 11 soaps, 4 brushes and 6 shaving scrapers on the way I could make up for it.

Declaration Grooming Washington B3 Nebula
Castle & Forbes - Cedarwood/Sandalwood
Gillette - Psycho
Wyzamet - Iridium Super (3)
Tunney

Yaqi Timber Wolf,
Stirling Deep Blue Sea,
Paradigm 17-4,
Rapira Platinum Lux (1),
Kruidvat alum,
Pitralon Polar.

IMG_20201003_085718.jpg

First time use of Platinum Lux blade this year, I've been getting accustomed to a sharp comfortable blade as the Treet Dura Sharp for example, the Rapira feels a bit tuggy although it was my best blade for quite awhile.
Let's see how it behaves tomorrow, in another razor!

Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo,
Dudu Osun,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 9th x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Proraso Wood and Spice ASB,
Loris E-303 Bulgari Aqua Marine.

SOTD_20201003.jpg

Brush and soap:
Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo and Dudu Osun:
Yeah, I've been dealing with Dudu Osun again. You can shave with it and it's good too, but tasty? No, this is one of the species still a chance, but it probably was. With the Yaqi R1605-S Tuxedo foam beaten from the Dudu Osun. That foam lives up to its name, black soap, so grey foam. The first time, so that could go wrong and had too much moisture. That's quickly solved, but then that stuff gives uninhibited foam. So what a slippery mess. I brushed that on and it went fine, but the layer isn't very firm. One more time with the brush and shave, which goes very well afterwards.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte used for the 9th x.
The Gem Personna Pfte is still going well. Nice flat on the skin and shave. That flat on the skin is easy with the Gem G Bar, which places the Gem Personna Pfte just right. So nice cut. So and what a nice run on the Dudu Osum. That again, that foam makes the blade run very smoothly.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün, Proraso Wood and Spice ASB and Loris E-303 Bulgari Aqua Marine all match the soap. However, this is not a really good shaving soap I think, so another chance, but I have my doubts.

059476FB-8B79-401E-B8FC-6261B3CD7E12.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Treufitt & Hill pre-shave gel

Shaving Soap/cream: Treufitt & Hill Sandalwood
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Silvertip Fan 2 bander

DE-Razor: iKon B1 slant
DE-Blade: Treet Dura Sharp 1x

Aftershave: D.R. Harris Sandalwood

Back