ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Stupid idea to simulate beard hair

chti_lolo

For those who don't have hairs which respond to HHT (very thin ....), I was thinking of a way to make them more "suitable".
I was thinking of dipping hair in a solution of baking soda with water. Baking soda should open "scales" of the hair (cuticule layer) and making HHT more easy?

Surely a very old, stupid idea:blush:

I have tried it once, it seemed to work but maybe placebo effect

hahaha...man, I love this forum! :D
There's definitely method in the madness around here.
Some of the resourcefulness shown on these boards is both impressive and slightly disturbing.
Good stuff chti_lolo. :thumbup:

I'm not so sure this is necessary. My daughter (7) has extremely thin hair, but I can always get them to pass... Could it be that better stropping is needed? :sleep:

richmondesi said:
My daughter (7) has extremely thin hair, but I can always get them to pass...
So you have the same source of hair (my daughter is 12);)

richmondesi said:
but I can always get them to pass... Could it be that better stropping is needed?
surely, but it helps to think that bad results are due to hair sources:blush:

By the way, at what distance from the holding point do you perform HHT? (just to know how far am I to my goal:cry: )

Regards,

Laurent

I honestly don't know, but guessing, I would say over 25 mm... It's pretty far away from the holding point

Out of curiosity, since asked, I went and tested it.

Four HHT attempts, just like I typically do, the pieces ranged from 32 to 48 mm. :)

chti_lolo said:
Ouahh:thumbup:
but just 15mm to go;)
So long as it easily clips at 5 - 10mm from the holding point you should be good to go... I seriously doubt another 15mm further from the holding point will make a difference... Shave with the thing damn-it :sleep:

Smythe said:
So long as it easily clips at 5 - 10mm from the holding point you should be good to go...
Yes, it shaves well, but I was thinking that with a "better" HHT it may shave better:sneaky:

Remember, this isn't a competition. Who knows what all variables are involved here? Maybe my shaky hands give me an unfair HHT advantage :lol:

And remember that it is important to understand the hht has to be correlated to your own hair samples and the shaves that the edge gives you
It is after all a marker, and the result of it will once learned allow you to gauge how well the edge will shave

Regards
Ralfson (Dr)

what he said...:thumbup:

If you want to correlate hair that's been dipped in baking soda to your shave results, be my guest.:)

Kind regards,
Bart.

Bart said:
If you want to correlate hair that's been dipped in baking soda to your shave results, be my guest.

It might be even more difficult than DILUCOT;) I'll have to find the right dilution, the dipping time........:cry:

Regards

Laurent

Back