ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Tückmantel & Martin (Tückmar, Hammond, Helgoland, König-Blaubart, Mangold, Ottacar u.a.)

Rudolf1

a razor with a history. date of making is not fully known to me. I estimate around 1925. Anyway, he was used until 1942. The story behind this is this, my wife at the time was a maternity nurse and during social conversations she told her nose and lips that her husband collected razors. Where the mother of the midwife told that she still had 1 at home .. Was from her father who used to shave in this way. (everyone at that time). When grandfather was called in 42 to serve, the razor stayed at home and was no longer used, the best man had made it corporal and unfortunately did not return home. Grandma, of course, had saved it, we don't throw anything away that is good. Because of this story I know the last use time. (saying nothing but I thought it was great that I got it together with this story.) But good. Bartputzer model1930. full hollow, made from Keen edgl. sheffield silver steel Solingen germany. fine shaving blade like almost all blades from that time.
20190920_170903.jpg
20190920_173124.jpg

Good story, That razor is never going to be sold. The grind looks like A Rattlergrind. When the more Hollow grinds were preferred by buyers, the manufacturers/sellers grinded their heavier grind old stock length wise. The term rattlers was first used by the Brits if I recall it correctly.

Also one of the famous Solingen Razor Makers. Not found much about the history but the company Tückmantel & Martin GmbH & Co was deleded from the companies registar only in 2007. Most famous are the "Tückmar" or for international markets "Tuckmar" -"Weltruf" Brands. However, I only got a small Hammond 42 (4/8)

93B92042-3DD3-424F-9246-D153841F6E15.jpeg
F2D95547-0D46-4CD0-A496-31C88CCF98A9.jpeg

Back