ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What are the top 10 vintage razors you would like to get

Fact is @Walid these little plastic thingies can shave better than whatever else you can put in your face. Try an all-plastic Mulcuto, or a Fasan N°1, they're amazing. So don't let the colorful looks of some of these razors fool you.
Could you scan the 3d edition?

You're dreaming in colors. A Monks for 30 Quids.
As for the Ebor, looks a plastic toy. I rememebr playing with those and breaking for fun when I was a kid.
I am always amazed at how europeans fantasize about plastic razors from ToysRus. ;)
That's 'colours' :p
I paid £5 for a Butler Safet Razor and it is rarer than a Monks (i.e. I have only ever seen one)
Next Butler I find I will swap for a Monks :cool:
Ebor - ever shaved with one?

Reactions: ehv
Fact is @Walid these little plastic thingies can shave better than whatever else you can put in your face. Try an all-plastic Mulcuto, or a Fasan N°1, they're amazing. So don't let the colorful looks of some of these razors fool you.
The second 3rd edition I've seen.
The first was R's and I forgot to ask if he could leave me alone with it and my phone for 5 minutes.
You need to scan that, Walid in case something happens to it.
I'm sure Richard and myself would keep a safe off-site backup for you ;)

That's 'colours' :p
I paid £5 for a Butler Safet Razor and it is rarer than a Monks (i.e. I have only ever seen one)
Next Butler I find I will swap for a Monks :cool:
Ebor - ever shaved with one?
Ebore looks like a Toy I can buy in a kid's store. It could be dangerous with a blade. I can try it after I shave with an adult razor without a blade.

There were only 30 copies printed (and much less than that still exist), mine is number 12 and signed by Hazelcorn himself. Hazelcorn died last year. He left a huge estate and collection behind him.
I need to check copy rights for your request. As far as I know, no one made a copy of that out of respect for the man. Imagine you ask me to scan Renzo's books. He'll probably be mad at me and will never talk to me again.

I have a Wardonia traveler's kit, I might give it a shot.

Renzo's books are still available. You can buy these. Directly from him. So that's a different situation. If Hazelkorns book could still be purchased, be it in a store or directly from him, I'd have one already.

Don't worry about, I will have to get back to you on that. I don't doubt you would've bought the book if it was available and it wasn't your intention or attitude to do something illegal.
I just don't want to do something foolish.

About foolishness, some fool sold a HR-1A on eBay for 67$ Sep 23 2022. some lucky buyer snatched that in an instant.

Don't worry about, I will have to get back to you on that. I don't doubt you would've bought the book if it was available and it wasn't your intention or attitude to do something illegal.

About foolishness, some fool sold a HR-1A on eBay for 67$ Sep 23 2022. some lucky buyer snatched that in an instant.

I could be the lucky buyer but he canceled the deal a moment ago. I think he got higher offers because he didnt know what he is selling but after some moments from my payment, he said he listed his item price wrongly, insisting it shoud have been listed $667 instead of $67.

So I reported this case and requested EBAY to investigate his messages.

• Wow
I hate it when they pull back out of a sale. Not knowing what you're selling can be hard once you find out, but at the same time you offered something for a price you thought was right.

I hate it when they pull back out of a sale. Not knowing what you're selling can be hard once you find out, but at the same time you offered something for a price you thought was right.

What's worse is that I cant give the seller feedback once I get the full refund. This system doesnt offer any way to prevent the seller from cancelling the auction at his will.

Damn, it happened to me once for red dot Fatboy 2 years ago. I was pissed off.
This year it happened twice to me, one on a Walbrush B5 and one on a Kampfe set. Frustrating. There should be strict rules on this.
At least I have my HR-1A :cool:

Damn, it happened to me once for red dot Fatboy 2 years ago. I was pissed off.
This year it happened twice to me, one on a Walbrush B5 and one on a Kampfe set. Frustrating. There should be strict rules on this.
At least I have my HR-1A :cool:

Yeah. It happend to me twice before. One for Peroni and the other for Bohin. I dont think $40 for Peroni and $180 for Bohin are not that big loss to the seller but after the payment ends, they cancelled the auction.

To answer the question @Walid asked, I'm in search of Star HR-S1 which I lost an auction as a second bidder 2 years ago. In fact, I've never considered adding HR-1A to my collection.

and Auto Strop Sterling set which I lost as a second bidder 2 times. and Auto Strop Outfit 150 set that I've never seen in pics but only on catalogue.

Those are my top 3 razors I'm trying to get my hands on. but anything pretty rare that I've never tried is welcome.

You could lend it to Richard... or myself... A mini pass-around...
:)

Guys, get me a list of vintage razors you're looking for. Come on folks, don't tell me there are only 4 people who collect vintage razors here.

Guys, get me a list of vintage razors you're looking for. Come on folks, don't tell me there are only 4 people who collect vintage razors here.
3. I collect vintage patents and knowledge. Just to clarify. The razors are bycatch.
;)

@efsk Come on dude, get me a list and don't be ashamed of plastic toy razors you wanna buy. Just give me a good list with bullet points.
I am more into the adult razors side of things :respect_schild

Okido. Top 10.

1. The unknown, never before seen slant that DHL lost for me
Full set of Psycho
Merkur B5.
Hoffritz Progress - By this I mean a Hoffritz-branded Progress, not a Progress in a Hoffritz case
1st gen Apollo Mikron
One-piece Fasan travel slant
Bia Stroke
Elysium
Flexit
Petard

Back