ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Dec. 1st - Dec. 7th 2019

Shaving would mean it would take longer before I could sit in the rockingchair again. Therefore, I skipped.

Good evening Gentlemen. Today’s morning shave was
  • Pannacrema Ebano
  • Yaqi Moka 26mm finest
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Essex (ERN) 6/8
  • Brut ASL
610C7A2D-3069-47E6-A1D3-43C9B978D6D2.jpeg

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Razor Master Sauli (Winter Coffee),
Gillette New,
Kai Stainless Steel 5th x,
Eyup Sabri Tuncer Tütün,
Seinz. After Shave Balsam,
Loris E-181 Noir Man.

SOTD_20191204.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Razor Master Sauli (Winter Coffee):
The Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle made a nice warm and fragrant foam from the Razor Master Sauli (Winter Coffee). Out of the box comes a nice coffee and chocolate smell. This is still present in the foam, but as with the other used Razormaster soaps, decent in smell.
Blade and razor:
The Kai Stainless Steel for the 5th x used.
The Kai Stainless Steel continues to shave well. Well, this blade calibrates the good feeling again. In the Gillette New, the Kai Stainless Steel is well placed. Beautiful cut, no unexpected problems. Nice work.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Nice splash Turkish etc., the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Tütün. The neutral Seinz. After Shave Balsam cares, but adds nothing to the smell experience, but for that I have the Loris E-181 Noir Man warm worn fragrance for this time, wood, vanilla and some oriental.

962F1DAC-747C-4F9D-8DB8-894263F20744.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Cattier dry oli
Shaving Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember :weihnachten1
After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Shaving Brush: Kent BK8

DE-Razor: Merkur Progress
DE- Blade: Gillette 7O’Clock Super Platinum 1x

The Advent soap was today the Tabula Rasa Dezember and this name does justice to the scent reminiscent of the Christmas season.
Not as pronounced as the Stirling Christmas Eve because it is just a little too sweet for me and that makes the December fragrance higher in the rankings.

Shavemac zebra/beehive/24/56/bulb/Silvertip/D01
Tallow & Steel - Boreal
Merkur - Plastic onderplaat
Wyzamet - Iridium Super
Tunney

Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
TFS Barba Rossa
Pereira bowl
Otto Busch 164 5/8
Osma alum
Nuage asb

All this talk about Advent made me realize I have this almond scented TFS laying around which i never had gotten around to using up until tonight. It’s not that bad! Sure there are more interesting soaps with complex scentprofiles, but this is still nice with the known quality of TFS.

One other peculiar discovery was that this razor is magnetic! I’ve got this one for quite some time now but I never noticed that before.

Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild
Blade: Voskhod
Pre-Shave: None
Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger
Soap: Beecosmetics Anise & Cedrus
Brush: AP Shave Co Silksmoke Blach Handle
Aftershave:Kruidvat Alum
Aftershave: Cien Aftershave
Aftershave: Cien After Shave Balsem
EDT: No. 1

Back