ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

May 17th to May 23th

UnShaven

Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38 (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream (UK)
Brush: AP Shave CO 30mm Cashmere Winterhandle (Canada)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Finished the tin of Hawkins & Brimble Shaving cream, i liked it. It is slik and i like the smell and feeling on the face. Will i buy it again? Yes but still have this one in stock.

Noxzema Protective Shave,
Shavemac Silvertip D01 2 band bulb 24 mm x 50 mm Jungle Moss,
Martin de Candre Rose,
Gillette New Made in England,
Astra Superior Platinium 4th x,
PeReJa Rose edc,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

SOTD_202000517.jpg

Brush and soap:
Shavemac Silvertip D01 2 band bulb 24 mm x 50 mm Jungle Moss and Martin de Candre Rose:
Still not convinced, but still a nice ritual to go with it, so the Noxzema Protective Shave smeared for a good shave. My skin doesn't get any better and keep having doubts about its usefulness, but at least it feels nice and fresh. Due to a mailing from BdF, the Martin de Candre Rose passed by again and decided to buy a box of Rose. Got still a bit in stock of a sample from a shaving friend. I used this one this morning to convince me of the right decision and that was good! With the Shavemac Silvertip D01 2 band bulb 24 mm x 50 mm Jungle Moss the Martin de Candre Rose beaten to a lush foam and the bathroom transformed in no time into a rosary in full bloom, at least the smell. Nice fragrant fat rose foam on the head!
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior Platinium for the 4th time used. The Astra Superior Platinium could reduce the foam again including the beard hairs. That works fine with a nice smooth result. The Gillette New Made in England is such a simple, but highly effective razor, in which the Astra Superior Platinium shows its full advantage. Shaving 3 rounds without nonsense. Result BBS.
Finally: the roses are sprinkled with PeReJa Rose edc, polished with Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü and finally the fragrance is deepened with a puff Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt. Can stand another day.

9196EFF7-A8E0-458E-A3FF-FF95155B925D.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Blackbeards Revenge

Shaving Soap/cream: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Syntheet

DE-Razor: Wolfman TI-22 0,74
DE-Blade: Gilette Nacet 2x

Aftershave: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Aftershave balm: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

Preshave: Cella gel prebarba
Soap: Cella crema da barba all'olio di mandorla
Brush: Yaqi Syntetic 24mm tuxedo
Razor: Fatip Classico Grande dorato
Blade: Sputnik
AS: Cella lozione dopobarba

Attachments

• 2020-05-15-17-00-00.jpg
    2020-05-15-17-00-00.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 7
Razor , Joris Plisson 24 K Gold platet.
Blade , Kai ( 1 ).
Brush , Mondial Badger.
Cream , Geo.F.Trumper,s Rose , ex The King.
Home made soap scraper.
Shaving bowl is Snuff,s former soup cup , and i,m wondering how the good man eats his soup now , but its a nice bowl to lather.
3 Passes , and it was a great shave , of course BBS.
Cologne from Jo Malone , lime , Basil & Mandarin made it complete.
20200517_191902.jpg

OUMO Tuxedo 30mm
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft
Merkur Progress (3-3-2)
Gillette Nacet (2)
Humprey’s Pure Organic
Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 + Emulsion

After six shaves with the Progress I can only say that I am very happy with it.
80716CDC-86B2-4FAF-9DE7-64944E046099.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38 (USA)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (UK)
Pre-Shave: Prep Crème (UK)
Shaving Bowl: None
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon (Greece)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Aqua Highmountain Silvertip Badger Shavingbrush China)
Aftershave: Kruidvat Alum (NL)
Aftershave: Brut Original
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble post shave (UK)
EDT: Brut Original

Yesterday I skipped the shave so today a bit more work than usual for the straight razor.
Again today the Abr. Knyn 41 1/4 and for brush and soap the synthetic Plisson and the Wickham
Shamrock Tweed, followed by Pitralon AS.

5B65794D-DC23-4656-AF41-71F525AF66FB.jpeg

M-keramiek scuttle
Proraso boar brush
Cella shaving soap
Maggard slant + Treet black beauty #4
Vdh alum
Dickinsons witch hazel
Epsilon blue, Wilkinson hydro

I handstropped the treet blade. That seems to prolong lifeblade. The fourth shave was still good enough. I think the fifth isn't possible so moved it to the blade bank.

For the menthol cooling epsilon blue as and Wilkinson hydro.

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
Dusy Kabinett,
Ikon X3,
Astra Superior Platinium 5e x,
PeReJa Rose edc,
Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü,
Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

SOTD_202000518.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and Dusy Kabinett:
Somewhere on a forum I read that a guy thought the MdC Rose smelled like the Dusy Kabinett and of course it had to be tried right away. Not at all untrue, but there really is a big difference. With the J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm a nice foam knocked off the Dusy Kabinett. The smell comes in the direction of MdC, but not nearly as powerful and deep. Very nice, but still. The foam of the MdC is fatter. The foam of the Dusy is certainly also good, but just a bit less crèmeux. With my stock of Klar, Dusy and now a new jar of MdC on the way and also half a jar of Vulvix Old English Rose I'll get a few more years! Anyway, this morning again a nice smell of roses, woman happy, so also some moonshine. Good start again.
Blade and razor:
The Astra Superior Platinium for the 5th time used.
Astra Superior Platinium was fine again, nicely shaved. Must say that the blade is starting to feel a bit raw. Remains good cut, however. In the Ikon X3 you don't notice much of the Astra Superior Platinium, because this razor is very tame for a slant. It looks like the blades are just a bit too much in there. So this is a nicely forgiving combi, which demands the attention to shave smooth with it, which does work. That then again.
Result: BBS.
Finally: For the rose scent and moonshine a little bit splashed and smeared with PeReJa Rose edc, Naturlife Krem Vazelin Gül Ve Aloevera Özlü and Rose Fernelle Provence et Nature Edt.

image.jpg

I did not post last weeks due to my moving between houses. Now I have found my straight razors again and used this morning Schulze #14.

Now struggling with assembling a new cupboard from Lidl and that is not recommendable. I have to put screwdrivers where they don’t fit and the result is too small( even for me)

Back