ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Now Then You Guys

torbenbp said:
I strongly believe that should be the single most important thing in your life....Because if you can do it...so can we!! All the members in here count on you as the brave night in shining armor,comming to our rescue...
Yeah, sure... ;)
It can be top rated on my to-do list but, you know, I must take her opinion into account as well. The thing that may get her tempted to go for it is a selection of beers Belgium can offer. :D Unfortunately, she doesn't see anything interesting in digging the stones up, no matter what colour they are (unless they're diamonds). Coticule garnets are simply to small to impress her. :lol:
I'm not sure I'm getting the point with me being an example to follow, but I do have an armour!!!
Koerta.jpg

It doesn't shine at all and I usually wear it under the jacket while snowboarding, but I can try to make an exception for you. :D
Although I can't imagine what I could rescue you from...

Though I`m sure you look great in you armour...and no offense..its not really my thing:)

Although I can't imagine what I could rescue you from...

From a faith worse than death offcourse...not seeing the holy shrine,the mother of all recent coticules!

Do hope you caught the ironic tone...;)
Regards gents

If there is interest, I'm willing to organize a Coticule-weekend, somewhere in september 2010 or so. I've talked about such event with Maurice, owner of the Ardennes Coticule and he's certainly symphatetic to the idea. There's a lot of interesting stuff to do/visit in Belgium, including food and beverages. We could arrange hotel accomodation yet my personal preference goes to a more "bring your hiking boots" adventurous event.

Bart.

I'm also close to convince my girlfriend to sacrifice some part of our holiday this year and spend it visiting Ardennes in Belgium and Thiers in France instead of sizzling on some Spanish or Turkish coast.

Dude, Belgium over SPAIN(SPAIN!!!) or TURKEY?! I envy you guys over in Europe for having all those wonderful travel destinations in such close proximity. Belgium in the fall, Switzerland during winter break, Spain during San Fermin. If I enlist maybe I'll get stationed over in Europe somewhere (giggity giggity goo).

Bart said:
If there is interest, I'm willing to organize a Coticule-weekend, somewhere in september 2010 or so. I've talked about such event with Maurice, owner of the Ardennes Coticule and he's certainly symphatetic to the idea. There's a lot of interesting stuff to do/visit in Belgium, including food and beverages. We could arrange hotel accomodation yet my personal preference goes to a more "bring your hiking boots" adventurous event.

Bart.

Heck yeah. How are the fish over there? Too bad you don't have any walleye :p (wait, I don't have any here either :cry: ).

That would be .....967 kilometers by car. Not at all impossible,so if possible otherwise you can count me in Sir Bart.

Regards gents.

Btw..Which weekend in september do you have in mind?

I would be interested if they would let me in, and we dont walk too far cause I am a cronky old man hahaha

Aye this coticule weekend sounds excellent! Also perfect timing for before I go back to university on October 1st(ish) :lol:

torbenbp said:
Though I`m sure you look great in you armour...and no offense..its not really my thing :)
Do hope you caught the ironic tone...;)
You probably doesn't look like a beautiful, long blond hair princess either, so we can skip that part of rescue mission. :p Sure I do get an irony here. :rolleyes:
Bart said:
If there is interest, I'm willing to organize a Coticule-weekend, somewhere in september 2010 or so.
Of course there is an interest!!! It's 1300+ km in my case, but who cares? We'll be driving two days in the worst case.
We'll probably have to wander around (with Ralfy? :thumbup: ) at the foot of the mountains, looking longingly at you hiking high, as my gf can't afford an intensive effort due to her health condition (the disc falling out). :(
September would be fine although I can't specify the weekend now.

In principle, me and my girlfriend have reached an agreement already, as long as I secure a comfortable bed and a hot shower for her every day. :D

justin said:
Dude, Belgium over SPAIN(SPAIN!!!) or TURKEY?! I envy you guys over in Europe for having all those wonderful travel destinations in such close proximity. Belgium in the fall, Switzerland during winter break, Spain during San Fermin. If I enlist maybe I'll get stationed over in Europe somewhere (giggity giggity goo).
Cool down Justin, it's not as brilliant as it may look like from US perspective. :)
And be careful with the enrolment. You may overshoot Europe and get air-dropped farther to the East that you wanted. :lol:

It all sounds good, and tbh I am not as old and unfit as I make out, I even have a full camping set up and a pair of walking boots somewhere..... besides we can drive there cant we?.....Cant we?? ...hahahaha

In principle, me and my girlfriend have reached an agreement already, as long as I secure a comfortable bed and a hot shower for her every day.

Well so have I... Good job my friend :thumbup:

And it really did hurt my feelings,that you wouldnt think I`d look like a beautyfull princess!:p

Sure hope Sir Bart will find an exact date soon..It will take some planning ahead.
If would be a great little vacation as well...and it is the homeland of my preffered beer ..Leffe!

Hey bart, if I buy the plane ticket can I bunk at your place? Haha just kidding, I would kill to come see ardenees. Im to cheap to buy a coticule, but I would gladly work in the mines all day to earn one (Or pocket one) whichever is easier!

Im highly anti myspace/facebook and don't have any pictures to post at the moment sorry! I am in college at indiana state university in indiana USA. I am currently majoring in mechanical engineering technology and minoring in industrial management. I work summers as a maintenance machinist (I make replacement parts the maintenance workers use to fix stuff) I have been machining for quite a while and took machine trades in school for 3 years. My hobbies are straights, videogames and guitars. I am still on the lookout for a damned escher hone! I have been to 3 antique stores that have stones that look like eschers, only to go home and lap them and discover they arent :( it will probably make the real escher I get super amazing (or dissapointing)

Also it is because of coticule.be and honing in general that I am deciding to take some geology classes at school to learn more about rocks and how different minerals and things affect honing.

I can see it now.... Sir Bart's First-Class Guided Tours of Belgium. Come and see our wonderful coticule and bbw mines in the morning, then spend the day in the mountains hiking the beautiful Andennes, and after you have burned a few thousand calories on your romp through the hills, head into town and straight to the nearest pub or tavern to sample one (or more!) of the many, excellent varieties of beer Belgium has to offer! All under the watchful eyes of the great and renowned founder of the world famous Coticule.be! Truly a man of ages, and him your own personal guide!

(note of disclaimer; "Sir Bart" and all subsidiaries, are not to be held responsible nor liable for any losses of property or person, including but not limited to: life and or limb(s), luggage, wallet(s), clothing including but not limited to: hat(s), toupé(s), coat(s) and or any other articles not herein listed, as well as any purchases made in Belgium during the time of a/the tour(s), of guest(s) on any tour(s). No refund, guarantee, warrant or other claim of satisfaction shall be offered or honored. All tour(s) are attended at the discretion of the attendee(s). Individual/ group results may vary. All local laws and legislation apply.)

;)

Regards

- David

Cinemaphile said:
I can see it now.... Sir Bart's First-Class Guided Tours of Belgium. Come and see our wonderful coticule and bbw mines in the morning, then spend the day in the mountains hiking the beautiful Andennes, and after you have burned a few thousand calories on your romp through the hills, head into town and straight to the nearest pub or tavern to sample one (or more!) of the many, excellent varieties of beer Belgium has to offer!

That indeed is more or less what I had in mind...:)

The disclaimer is perfect. I owe you a beer for it.:D

Kind regards,
Bart.

That indeed is more or less what I had in mind...:)

No problem at all, anything for the Founder ;)

The disclaimer is perfect. I owe you a beer for it.:D

I'll hold you to that, if I should somehow miracle my way to Belgium for the September shindig. :w00t:

Indubitably,
David

Don't you think for a second I don't see what you're doing there, Ralfitus. :sneaky:

Posting things that have no actual importance or value, you're just trying to get to that elusive 1k comments aren't you!?!
And you're not very far from it...:O

Well, here's to your first millennium, and may you contribute many more!:D

Best of wishes
David

Back