ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Paradigm

Talked to some friends and same there :(
Shave is good but the javelin is way better IMHO

Quite separate from West Coast Shaving. :Eek

I moon a review for the Paradigm Diamondback that is not as cheering as the already posted reviews he then not posted. :confused

I also wrote a review and they didn't publish that either, they don't answer when you send a email asking why. Well it's not so surprising, most shops don't publish anything negative.

Well, it has been over a week since I sent my defective top cap back to Andy. When I sent him an email last night, he told me it would be sent in a couple of days. Seems that he is having the same problems that WCS had when they kept pushing back the ship date, except this is a ship date for a replacement of a defective part. :(

BTW - I also sent in a review which I thought was generous (three stars, considering the shave was good) and also sent in pics of the defective part. So far, it has not gotten posted yet. :confused

By not posting our less positive reviews WCS places itself for me in the list of unreliable Webshops that only post messages that are pleasing to them.

And let's be clear I bought the Paradigm from WCS so in my opinion they also had the duty to check the razors, after the first negative noises around the bad workmanship, which were sent after that.

Most of all I have the idea that Paradigm is playing with its own excellent name. If I understand your reviews well its far from the quality of the 17-4 and with a Chinese quality.

What I read so far its not recommendable to buy. am I correct saying this?

The Diamondback doesn't reach the fantastic finishing level of the 17-4 and that's where the pain is for me.

Chinese quality goes too far for me because the construction of my Diamondback is excellent, so for me it's more about the lesser finish of the polishing.

For the high purchase price and the long waiting time I don't understand that the choice was made to probably leave out the quality control and not deliver them fully polished and with scratches on the top plate.

When it comes to shaving I don't have any complaints at all because he shaves more than fantastic and he is efficient and comfortable, as far as the shaving characteristics are concerned he really belongs to the top.

Good to hear that. I thought that Andy was having problems when it took him almost two months (and many emails between him, WCS, and me) to send me my replacement top cap and for a long while I did not even pick up my Diamondback because of the bad karma. I finally shaved with it last night and will declare now that our differences has been settled and the Diamondback and I are once again on good terms. I wish Andy the best moving forward.:daumenhoch

Nicer finished version of the diamondback is now available. Won’t buy as mine shaves great.

looks like the best of the best will come in production after all, the notorious “javelin” :cool:

but Andy remains Andy he wants it to be in aluminium :(

fans ask for SS or titanium, ah well I already have one :smile

No I don't know and I don't think Andy does either at the moment (don't think WCS or Bullgoose will be vendors), hope for G&C in Spain but doubt it.

I never used the alum version of the Javelin so I don't know how the shave was. I obtained one of the 5 SS razors that where produced and it's my top razor. Not a fan of aluminium razors, all those I tried left the house.

My biggest fear is that Andy will change some things about the original Javelin, I have mailed back and forth with him in the past and he is a very stubborn guy. He mentioned "where where the fans of the javelin back then", well I and a few others who owned/tried that razor where trying to push him into bringing that razor on the market but no he wanted to improve on the design and shave and that was to become the diamondback. Not a bad razor but nowhere the shave a javelin gives me. But that's just one persons opinion so take it for what it is, it's not because I have a great taste for fantastic soaps that this applies to my choice of razors :flucht1

There we go again. Snuff needs to get the Paradigm thing back on track.:eek:

But with the Diamantback you would get the best scratcher in the house, too bad because the 17-4 in has reached the optimal level for me.:yes_nicken

So no weak backbone here because of this misty Javelin news......or is it? :kaputtlachen1

Today @Snuff once seriously maintained by telephone about his extremely wrong feeding behaviour. :nein1

This is because there are also vulnerable wet shavers here who, instead of buying ice creams for the children and new shoes for the wife, are saving up right now. :Eek

But seriously, because of the poor workmanship and inferior shaving characteristics of the Diamondback (this compared to the 17-4) I will not be the early adapter this time should the Javelin become available. In that respect Andy has lost a lot of credit with me. :augenroll1

And by the way in aluminium I don't need it at all, I might as well buy a plastic toy razor.:kaputtlachen1

Back