ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Paradigm

Snuff

Big fan of Andrew his razors. They are among my best shavers.

In order of preference:
Paradigm Javelin
Paradigm Titanium II
Paradigm 17-4
(not a double edge but the Paradigm SE is worth mentioning, I've tried like 30+ SE razors and this one is for me the best of the best)

Anyway it looked like the Javelin wouldn't go into production but Andrew might bring out a new razor after all, can be seen on west coast shaving website under Paradigm, name Diamondback.

I compared my Javelin with the pictures of the Diamondback and head looks similar but difficult to say if really the same or maybe small changes have been made to the design. I'll know more after getting one and comparing the shaves.

Through Snuffie I have come into the happy possession of a paradigm 17-4.

And if you think that with the possession of Wolfman and Charcoal safety razors, for example, you have the absolute top in the house, there is still a safety razor that shaves even more efficiently and comfortably.

And now I believe again that there is no better razor available than the 17-4 until Snuffie informed me about the Javelin.

Doesn't it ever stop?........big sigh:confused:

The Paradigm Diamondback looks great! I am in great doubt now: to pre-order or not to pre-order.

I have tried one more time to get in contact with Andrew, want to know if this is the same one as the Javelin (no use buying the same thing twice, besides never thought I would like the handle on that one but it's one of my favorite handles now as far as how it fits my hands). I'll let you know if I hear something.

Sorry Richard you're right :yes_nicken

Javelin

A - 1 (1).jpg

Titanium II

A - 2.jpg

17-4

A - 3.jpg

SE

A - 4.jpg

just got message that the head of the Javelin was altered and is now coming on the market as Diamantback. Ah well at least I have a special one that gives me fantastic shaves, they will send me a Diamantback to compare later.

I just saw the Diamondback on pre order from WCS. On the one hand, this is a chance to finally get a Paradigm at a price I can afford, however on the other hand, I just spent $400 on computer parts to build my new PC and am already relying on vegetables from my garden t make soup to eat for the next month. Maybe @Snuff will give a shave report before I decide to spend another month eating soup every day. :)

@Snuff can you compare the Javelin with Charcoal level 2 and Game Changer 84P?
I'm more than happy with my Game Changer serie and the Charcoal gave me too much bladefeel. So I hope to find out if it's for me ...

Charcoal lvl 2 blade feel? I don't feel anything on that razor so I might not be the right person to advice then. Have you shaved with a 17-4?

Maybe @Snuff will give a shave report before I decide to spend another month eating soup every day.

There will be more then enough so you might want to wait for a few reviews before buying. Mine is ordered anyway, can't imagine it being a razor that I won't like.

@Snuff can you compare the Javelin with Charcoal level 2 and Game Changer 84P?
I'm more than happy with my Game Changer serie and the Charcoal gave me too much bladefeel. So I hope to find out if it's for me ...

I have all three mentioned safety razors and I can try to explain the differences.

Fedde I assume you're talking about the closed comb for both the Charcoal and the Gamechanger?

First of all, I agree with Snuff that I hardly feel the razor blade on the Charcoal Level 2, which also applies to the Gamechanger.
With both safety razors you combine a high comfort feeling with a high efficiency.
The Charcoal is more efficient than the Gamechanger.

The Paradigm 17-4 is absolutely superior to the aforementioned safety razors because it has a very high efficiency but still feels very comfortable when shaving.
You certainly feel more like the razor blade but it all remains very tame to the touch.

Of all my current safety razors, the Paradigm with its fantastic shaving characteristics is my undisputed number 1.

You can borrow it once but considering the rarity of this scraper (only 150 have been produced) and the fact that it is no longer produced, you will have to come and pick it up at my house because I do not send it by post at all.

But you know the way to my house so! :)

I forget to mention that the higher the efficiency of the safety razor, the less effort I have to make to remove all beard hairs very thoroughly.

And the less often the razor blade needs to be removed from the skin, the less irritation there is for me.

Of course, the boundary of efficiency that you still experience as pleasant is different for each person.

Wise of you to not send it by post, although mine was also handed over personally and then the guy bailed on me and said he lost it, had to buy another one :mad Be careful with the 17-4! it feels so Smooth and soft while shaving that you have to remind yourself "no pressure at all".

That's a very sad story and also a pity @Snuff because borrowing shaving equipment allows someone else to determine whether a safety razor is suitable for you or not.

And just then, reliability and especially the certainty that you will get your belongings back is very important.

But this guy has been trying out many razors from me in the past and all of a sudden ..... I'm pretty sure he didn't loose it as he said but still has it, on the positive side this says a lot about how pleasant this razor is to shave with :rolleyes:

Many have tried, almost everyone fails, it takes a very special kind of man to resist ordering more toys teufel_lachend

Back