ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 25th - August 31st 2019

Today’s Shave
  • Floid pre Shave Oil
  • Faena Esperia
  • Plisson haute montagne 12 (22mm)
  • Merkur 45 Bakalite
  • Polsilver Stainless # 1
  • Hellas Lemon ASL
Not bad for such a lightweight razor. Although the Polsilver might not fits best with that. However, even 10h after Shaving still acceptable for a tea dance cheek to cheek :D

A970E77C-560B-4304-9488-38D4C6989EC3.jpeg

2404DB94-9F34-4110-9E19-6FA96192EA9A.jpeg
Pre-shave:
Prep creme
Shaving Soap: Kingjack’s Tangerin & Lime Glycerine shavingsoap
After Shave : Alcolada Glacial
After Shave Balm: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Eau de Toilette: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes

Shaving Brush: J&T Notenhout / Maggard Silvertip Fan 2 bander 30 mm. SHD
Safety Razor: Razorock Gamechanger OC 0,84
Razor Blade: Gillette Permasharp

Today the first meeting with the Gamechanger OC 0.84 and let's open the ball carefully so that @UnShaven doesn't directly pull his wallet.

Normally I only give a final judgement about a safety razor after 5 shaves and I want to stick to this Gamechanger as well.

Small tip then for the tough ones, it took the whole first course before I got the ideal shave angle this because it is different from the ideal shave angle of the Paradigm with which I shaved the last time.
The Gamechanger should be placed at a slightly slanted angle (the handle a little more away from the skin) in order to remove the hairs as effectively as possible.

He feels a bit less comfortable than his sister with the closed comb but if you just let the safety razor slide -so without pressure- it's only minimal.

On the other hand, I think the efficiency has certainly increased and that makes this a more than fantastic safety razor.

Eeeeeeeh have I told you everything after just one shave? ;)

Ó yes gentlemen the shaving soap was one of the one specially made for me by my young friend @Kingjack .
And besides a beautiful Tangerine & Lime fragrance, it is also richly equipped with Menthol so this shaving soap is a great one.goodjob!

Declaration Grooming Washington B3 Nebula
Maggards - Orange Menthol
Mulcuto - Metal, modern head (s)
Voskhod (3)
Alum

Terrific.

Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Synbad Emerald handvat
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Speick

A lot of menthol in the soap to start the day very cool.

Stirling 26/54,
Nordic Shaving Company Pine Tar,
Paradigm 17/4,
Ladas (3),
Kruidvat alum,
Pine/turpentine/cedar aftershave balm.

IMG_20190828_070639.jpg

First impressions when opening the tub, so kindly send to me by Jari, were a little overwhelming.
But that was because I didn't know what pine tar really is and I was expecting a more pine-ish scent. The scent reminds me of the Stirling British Leather.
The lather is excellent and very easy to make. It is a slick lather.
My homemade aftershave balm accomplished the pine tar nicely.

First shave with the Paradigm, I was trying to be sceptical, but it seems like everything they say about these razor is true ...
To soon for final thoughts but it's been awhile since I have such a clean shave with absolutely no sting from the alum.

D7045908-0E9C-4D80-836F-74B5D3FD915F.jpeg

The Nordic Shaving Company citrus and ginger with Black Bird CC with feather.
This scent is mostly a citrus scent to me, but the ginger gives it a nice body. The scent is not overwhelming and more than average.
Lathering gives more scent that stays during the shave.
In the coming days more about the soap

• Charcoal lvl 2 SS head & Brass handle
  • Lord Classic (5)
  • Green 26mm DScosmetics synthetic
  • Noble Otter Monarch
Smooth as anything, no hint of irritation, the Charcoal does live up to its reputation! The Lord Classic shows no sign of deterioration, so stays were it is. The DSCosmetic is a handsome brush, it also is silky, very nice to lather with and even better for bringen the lather on your face.
And what a lather it is, the Monarch fights with Stirling Varen for first place, sitting here, writing this, while the scent of the Monarch is still whirling around me, i say this one is the winner.
But that changes as soon as i use Varen :lol, it is that close for me. All in all a great shave, BBS & DFS

9A4FD7C9-E6C9-42E6-9242-E17C34D73B1A.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
SV Cubebe
Colonial Silversmith
Big Ben Super Stainless (1)
Humprey’s Witch Hazel Astringent
SV 70th Anniversary Aftershave

A late morning shave today. This morning I had to be present very early at the university to present and defend my Master thesis. That went very well, so now I get my Master grade in Auditing & Assurance. Very happy with it!

So I choosed afterwards my favorite soap: SV Cubebe with a very nice scent and great lather. The Colonial performed also with the Big Ben blade very effective. Very nice shave with a close result. Have a good day!

5A64F4BA-FE4A-4B45-8153-1EDD26064F59.jpeg
@dajd94 goodjob!

Pre-shave: Proraso green
Shaving Soap: OSP Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol
After Shave : Aqua Velva Fresh
After Shave Balm: Stirling Glacial Unscented
Eau de Toilette: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 28 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander
Safety Razor: Razorock Gamechanger OC 0,84
Razor Blade: Gillette Permasharp

The third inset of the Shavemac was rewarded with a bowl full of wonderfully firm and cooling lather

Use it a few more times and it's completely loose but now I'm all over it.

The same goes for the Gamechanger OC 0,84, which is also a fantastic thing.

Back