ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 25th - August 31st 2019

Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle,
Klar Kabinett,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 1st x,
Ilgaz Rose Isparta,
Mennen Baume Energisant,
Rose Fernelle Provence and Nature.

SOTD_20190828.jpg

Brush and soap:
Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar Bristle and Klar Kabinett:
Klar Kabinett is still a delicious rose soap. Although the soap is becoming more and more mature, I hardly notice any change in the scent or shaving quality. Whipped up with the Grosvenor mixed Badger and Boar, I have a nice creamy foam with an unambiguous rose scent. Unfortunately this soap is no longer in production, but fortunately I still have a stock! That is rose.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte for the 1st x used.
A new Gem Personna Pfte. What can you say about that, at the most that they are very sharp. In the G Bar a nice light weight combination with top shaving capacity. Pay a little attention to the corner, but otherwise it's just a piece of cake, resulting in a smooth bald head.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Nice splashing with roses, smearing with a neutral ASB, The Mennen and then a spray Rose Fernelle. So that smells good again. We had to spend most of the day in the car, moving around with the wheelhouse. Then a nice smell is never gone.

Very difficult dajd94, if you don’t have a solid base the walls will crumble. It all starts with your choice of wife or girlfriend :p

Iwasaki 6/8”
La Toya Cream
Simpson chubby 2 synthetic
Floid black

Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Synbad Emerald handvat
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Speick

Deceptive efficient razor it feels mild but can give irritation.

5CF2FC0D-BE34-4AB1-9417-CD677753071B.jpeg

AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
SV Manna di Sicilia
Colonial Silversmith
Kai (1)
Humprey’s Witch Hazel Astringent
Stirling Mountain Man ASB

There is no blade which gave me such bad shaves as the Kai did in te past. It felt very rough en pulled the hair out of the skin. Today another experience. Because of the mild feeling of the razor, the blade behaved acceptable. I will explain more about that later on today in a seperate tread.

Not very close today, but a Smooth shave. Have a nice day!

Blackbird Closed Comb
Feather 4
Shavemac silvertip 2-band
Nordic Shaving Company Citrus&Ginger
After shave Epsilon blue

The second time with this soap. The wonderfulp smell remains. The second part of my opinion is how the soaps helps to d the shave.
It did not help the blade was on its end. Lots of reds dots. Must say the soap did not help preventing it. The gliding qualities is of a veggie soap. Mostly it is good enough with a safety razor. The bristles are being softened good enough.
Totally more then good enough.

BF77DEB1-806A-49A8-9B4D-85BABB4D41E8.jpeg
Shaving Soap
: Nordic Shaving Birch

After Shave Balm: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Eau de Toilette: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes

Shaving Brush: Shavemac 24 mm. Fan Silvertip Badger 2 bander
Safety Razor: Razorock Gamechanger OC 0,84
Razor Blade: Gillette Permasharp

Now that the temperature in the house has dropped a few degrees and menthol shaving soap is not necessary it was time to test the Nordic Shaving Company shaving soap "Birch".

The first shave was easy and of course, as always, a new soap is tested without the use of pre-shave.

After testing the other coffee scent you can of course expect a review from me.....so please be patient. :rolleyes:

Back