ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

August 25th - August 31st 2019

@Teiste nice picture.

Brad Sears/Morris & Forndran 1XL in Finest Badger, Disco Haze
MWF
Mulcuto - Metaal, moderne kop (s)
Voskhod (4, end)
Alum

A - 1 (2).jpg

a bit difficult to find out the name of this razor .. the only thing that can be clearly read on the tang is "Novelty". Based on that, I suspect American. nevertheless a nice razor. Together with the Stirling Wintergreen and the V Sheng 30mm Silvertip brush a pleasant combination. The result is a mirror-smooth skull and face.
Almost weekend.. yehh.
20190829_200956.jpg

Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush,
Dead Sea Shave - Tempest,
Gem G Bar,
Gem Personna Pfte 2nd x,
Pinaud-Clubman After shave lotion Original,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam.

SOTD_20190829.jpg

Brush and soap:
Semogue 1305 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush and Dead Sea Shave - Tempest:
They say a lot about Tempest's Dead Sea Shave, but for me it's a successful soap that delivers a good foam and has an earthy scent, but that's what you get with mud. Luckily there's also some fresh lime and a grassy nuance like a fougère. Think that last aspect comes from seaweed. Anyway, I like to shave with it. Not exciting, no fragrance bomb, or tingling fresh. No earthly, a bit Zen. Nice mud to wiggle the pig in. No. 1305 did that effortlessly. A bowl nice foam.
Blade and razor:
The Gem Personna Pfte for the 2nd time used.
The Pfte 2nd x, there is little to say about it, except that it cuts hair. That in my favorite Gem razor is nice. Gets you a slick face.
Result: BBS.
Finally: The Pinaud Original is a strong scent, which can drown everything out, including the mud from the Dead Sea. Excellent closure, followed by a nice after-treatment with the Weleda.

@Rudolf1 Celebrated Rifle Razor Full Hollow Ground razors showing the same etching as yours were (also?) produced by Bingham Co, Cleveland.

• Filarmonica nr. 14 Doble Temple
  • Shavemac 28mm zilvertip
  • Sweyn Forkbeard - mango & papaya
After 4 days with JAWS it took me an extra round the achieve the same level off smoothness with the Fili. Superb razor, this one.
09D17CD3-40BC-48D0-B220-233B8629FF51.jpeg

Stirling 26/54,
Stirling Hipster,
Paradigm 17/4,
Gillette Nacet (2),
Kruidvat alum,
Stirling Hipster.

IMG_20190830_070941.jpg

The Scottish Fine Soaps Classic soap was more luxurious packaged than lathered up ...
The lather vanished, so I quickly grabbed the Stirling!

Enjoy the day!

894A87A0-80F8-47C2-88BA-7B97BDB9F7FA.jpeg
AP Shave Co Synbad 30 mm
Stirling Mountain Man
Colonial Silversmith
Kai (2)
Humprey’s Witch Hazel Citrus
Stirling Mountain Man ASB

My favorite Stirling Soap today. A fresh cologne scent. The combination of blade and razor is a good one: not the most effective but enough blade feel to avoid putting pressure. Have a good day!

@Rudolf1 Celebrated Rifle Razor Full Hollow Ground razors showing the same etching as yours were (also?) produced by Bingham Co, Cleveland.
OK is possible, but there are other words on the tang not like I told in my sotd Novelty but Cutley or something. see printscreen. (I couldn't change novelty after I posted ) edit : adjustment is possible immediately after installation, if there is a longer period of time between them is not possible.

Screenshot_20190830-081814_Gallery.jpg

@Rudolf1 cutlery. Below it says ????geport, co??. Making it most probably a razor by Challenge Cutlery, Bridgeport Conn.(ecticut).

Razor: Parker 97R
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre
Soap: KEPKINH Frosty Lemon
Brush: AP Shave CO 24mm Synbad Emerald handle
Aftershave: Physalis Hamameliswater
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave: Speick Men Aftershave Balm Sensitiv
EDT: Speick

The Parker 97R is a very efficiënt razor were you clearly veel the blade, it's make also a lot of noise. One thing is for sure my stubble is gone after the Parker did it's trick.

Moin together!

Razor: Parker 55SL-GR
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock super Platinum
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Shaving Soap: Arko Stick with 4% Menthol
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
IMG_8431.jpg

Mixed yesterday, tested today. Cooling effect super, somewhere between Stirling Chill and Glacial. The main problem is and remains the Arko "scent" which still overshadows the Fine Platinum after 30min.

A85F1EA7-FD15-477E-9DC4-0AD6EA7BF9A6.jpeg
Pre-shave:
None
Shaving Soap: Nordic Shaving Coffee

After Shave Balm: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Eau de Toilette: Treufitt & Hill West Indian Limes

Shaving: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm. Syntheet.
Safety Razor: Razorock Gamechanger OC 0,84
Razor Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum Indian Black

I'm not quite sure yet, so I'll have the Nordic Birch on the shaving program again tomorrow.

Back