ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Eversharp (Norway)

efsk

Absurd hero
SU-Patron Gold
It was a little confusing, this razor. Eversharp, isn't that Schick? Didn't Gillette have something to do with it back in the day? Big question marks until @sɐǝɹpu∀ found the solution: there was an Eversharp in Norway that was not related to Schick or Gillette. He even showed the patent for it.
Directly the second problem: the razor uses DE blades, but is used as SE. Where does the thing belong? Because of Kabrand I decided to use DE.
Patent is applied for in 1926, granted in 1929, and the razor shows D.R.P.? I cannot decipher the last letter. I think that means this copy is from 1929 or later.
Slender handle, pressing down on the head. Head has a kind of S-shape that protects the blade on one side and provides the foam edge on the other. The shape of the guard is what is patented: the ribs run slanted, like the whole razor head, and this is to smooth the skin.
The most interesting thing for me is of course that this is an adjustable bevel razor, long before the Walbusch B5 came into existence. The adjustability is the easiest there is: turn the handle less tight, and there are larger blade gaps. But they have already thought: there must be a marker so that the same aggression can be chosen.
Nice idea, but what really happens is that the blade is only clamped more or less tightly in the head, where less tight means: it wobbles. Much higher than level 2 means Russian Roulette with the skin.
This all is forgiven. I mean, how pretty is this thing?
DSC09110.JPG
DSC09111.JPG
DSC09112.JPG
DSC09113.JPG
DSC09114.JPG
DSC09115.JPG
DSC09116.JPG
DSC09117.JPG
DSC09118.JPG
DSC09119.JPG
DSC09120.JPG
DSC09121.JPG
DSC09122.JPG
DSC09123.JPG
DSC09124.JPG
DSC09125.JPG
DSC09126.JPG
DSC09127.JPG
DSC09128.JPG
DSC09129.JPG
DSC09130.JPG
DSC09131.JPG

Last edited:
I
Nice idea, but what really happens is that the blade is only clamped more or less tightly in the head, where less tight means: it wobbles. Much higher than level 2 means Russian Roulette with the skin.
Try a thicker blade and see if this works better. I got this idea from Claudio's website @Clouds
Feather might work. If not try a vintage blade from its era.

Back