ShavingUniverse.com

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Feb 2nd 2020 - Feb 8th 2020

Have a nice Weekend Gentlemen,
  • Smooth Operator Smoked Wood
  • Oumo SHD Manchuria finest 2-Band 24mm
  • SWK Basic Scuttle
  • Koraat 14-2.0 15/16“, stropped on
  • Scrupleworks oil tanned Horshide
  • Ralon Original ASL
230054E4-4E75-491D-A0E7-73E9E5D526B0.jpeg

J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm,
TFS Anniversary Italian Fern,
RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P,
Racer Super Class Platinum 1st x,
Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon,
Weleda Aftershave Balsam,
Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio .

SOTD_20200208.jpg

Brush and soap:
J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm and TFS Anniversary Italian Fern:
After some wrestling the past few days with some lesser shaves, today a set-up that can not miss: J&T® Zebrano OUMO Brush SHD WT (Super High Density, White Tips) finest 2-band badger 24 mm with the TFS Anniversary Italian Fern. My tastiest fern soap with a nice brush gave a fine foam with just the right scent in my Polish scuttle.
Blade and razor:
The Racer Super Class Platinum for the 1st x used.
New blade from the Lord's stable: Racer Super Class Platinum. This is a good one! Then the combination RazoRock Game Changer 0.84-P with this Racer Super Class Platinum is top.
Result: BBS.
Finally: Some freshness, floral and fougere in the after care with the Eyüp Sabri Tuncer Kolonya Klasik Limon, Weleda Aftershave Balsam and Loris E-003 Acqua Di Gio finished it all off. The result is a smooth face and good feeling. This way it feels good again!

Oumo tuxedo,
Kshaveworx frozen,
Blackland blackbird cc,
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1),
Rose water on ice,
Coconut oil.

IMG_20200208_103538.jpg

The tuxedo and the small can for the Frozen sample isn't the best combination.
I like the softness of the tuxedo, but I would like more backbone, somebody who can direct me to another brush?
All in all a nice shave!
Have a good weekend!

B1DC2F31-D036-4115-80A0-2EF0541E43D5.jpeg
OUMO Tuxedo 30mm
CBL Soaps - Russian Tea
Parker Semi Slant
Timor (1)
Humprey’s Astringent
Barrister & Mann - Chesshire AS
Stirling Sandpiper ASB

This soap reminds me more of the Dutch “speculaas” than to tea. The tea is online on the background. However, a nice smelling and performing soap. I am very Smooth!

Brad Sears/Morris & Forndran 1XL in Finest Badger, Disco Haze
Mondial - Tobacco Verde
Matador - Micro
Voskhod (1)
Tunney Aluin

This soap has a very pleasant smell, lather is fine, so I should use it more often.
The Matador in position 1, the mildest position, has a bladegap of near 2mm. That does not shave pleasantly. Will see tomorrow what I can manage with the adjustmentkey.

Back